DIY Looping - Libre 2, Bubble, Omnipod

Hi everyone,

I am new to FUdiabetes, thanks for having me.

Im looking for information on DIY looping.

I currently have Libre2 and I am considering a swap to the omnipod or simlar. I am wondering if there is a way to set up a DIY loop with this setup? I also have a bubble transmitter which I am not currenlty using as I am using direct connect with libre 2 and diabox. I also use an up to date andoid phone.

Im not sure if what I am asking is even possible but hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

Thanks to anyone who can offer a bit of advice/help

Gregor :grinning:

5 Likes

Hi Gregor, welcome!
Have you looked into AndroidAPS? Omnipod Eros and Libre2 are mentioned on the website
https://androidaps.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html
So this combination might be possible. I am not a looper myself, so I don’t know a whole lot about it.

4 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. I’ll check out your link :+1:

1 Like

I am a DIY Looper on iOS. The link @Boerenkool posted is the DIY Loop for Android and it does support Omnipod. You’ll probably want to install xDrip+, too, if you are using Android.

4 Likes

Hi thanks a lot, some reading for tonight! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We do have a number of loopers that lurk around these parts, so if you have additional questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

2 Likes

I’m interested in this as well, as I am in Canada and looping via Omnipod isn’t available. DIY seems limited to very tech savvy individuals. I have a Dexcom.

1 Like

Why isn’t Omnipod looping available? Are the pods not available? If they are, I’d recommend Android APS

2 Likes

IDK why, but it’s not in Canada yet :frowning:

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but a group called LoopAndLearn.org had a call tonight where they interviewed a site that did the FDA study thingy for 2 years as well as some study participants and answered a bunch of questions about Omnipod 5. I guess the NDA must be over or they got special permission. It was quite enlightening!

I myself was part of the study for Tidepool with the DIY Loop and am still doing it. I love it. If anyone has any questions about it, LMK.

2 Likes