Diabetes carry bag: interesting new insulated sling bag

In the process of looking for an Omnipod PDM case, I ran across this new insulated diabetes carry sling bag at sugarmedical:

https://sugarmedical.com/styles-cat/purses/peak-insulated-sling-backpack.html

The main compartment is insulated and has a pocket for an ice pack. it comes in several colors. We use a sling bag all the time, we are always on the lookout when finding something that may be even better.

I’d love to read reports if anyone tries it!

3 Likes

Looks nice, and Hip! Wait…are kids saying hip anymore???

1 Like

Probably just us… Not hip at all anymore to say hip :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not hip to say hip unless you’re old enough to BREAK a hip. lol

2 Likes

When my little one was diagnosed earlier this year, the hospital gave these sling packs out free full of diabetes promotional stuff plus a Frio pack and a BG meter. We tote all D-stuff (meter, glucose, insulin etc.) in this.

I mean - it was a small consolation prize, but it is really useful. It hangs on a hook in the kitchen and we just grab it when we head out the door. (Even fits a spare diaper and wipes.)

3 Likes

I couldn’t help smiling :slight_smile: Thank God we can keep our sense of humor in the worst of circumstances.

2 Likes

I have one of those! I carry my .45 in it. lol

It was an upgrade from my fanny pack that I used to wear around my waist (yep…I am that guy.) :smiley:

2 Likes

Funny! Didn’t know you carry.

I only carry when going to my congregation. Kinda crazy that, these days, this is where you feel you need to. A couple of years ago we had a crazy on a shooting rampage at a Sikh congregation temple a couple of miles from where we go to services. So now I carry when we go.

1 Like

Seriously?

Ah, man. That is some sign of the times. :frowning:

1 Like

None of these would carry a kids’ lunch box, would they? We’re looking for some book that can hold his openAPS, diabetes supplies and his lunch and water bottle. He’s too small for a capacious backpack.

1 Like

I am guessing it would be just a bit too small for a full lunch box. My son’s small sling bag was able to take the 20 oz thermos I mentioned earlier but that was pretty much the most it could take in (along with glucagon, sugar etc.).

Proud Concealed carrier since 1994.

1 Like

Yes. The murdering idiot who killed several people at the nearby Sikh temple thought they were Muslims.

1 Like

I figured that was what happened. I am so saddened by the state of the world. I like to believe that there are more good people out there than bad, but sometimes it is hard to do. I am glad that one idiot’s actions haven’t deterred you from practicing what you believe. And I hope the Sikh people who are living in your area were able to continue in their practice as well. And hopefully rebuild the sense of security that was formerly found in their gathering place - it must be so difficult.

4 Likes