Dexcom G7 sensor adhesive

Does anybody know what adhesive Dexcom is using on the G7 sensors? I am allergic to the current G6 adhesive and have to put a barrier bandage on before applying one. Thanks.

1 Like

Where is it out? In Europe, or Canada?

The San Diego-based company now offers Dexcom G7 in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria and Hong Kong.

2 Likes

The loop people are doing stuff with the G7 in Germany trying to break the Algo security. Given all the adhesive iterations the G6 went through in the initial rollout I would guess they stay with the current adhesive. Especially since the G7 is a smaller form factor which would make the adhesive more secure over the same time period vs the G6. I would be very surprised to see a new adhesive formulation for the G7 rollout, but I could be wrong (and have been before).

4 Likes

Does anyone else have this problem? I’m a swimmer so i really rely on the dex overpatch. I notice that towards the end days of wearing my sensor, the patch starts to peal off, but only very slightly. However, today i was swimming and i felt a drag on my left arm, as if i were swimming crooked. When i got to the end of the lane, i checked out my dex and realized immediately what was wrong. It was pealing off. bc it has been soooo accurate, i didnt want to take it off and deal with the new start up 24 hour period of wonky readings, so i left it in and it ended up staying on and working properly. I think i am due to replace it sometime this evening or tomorrow morning. Its not a really big deal. I just did not have this experience with the G6 ever. The G7 has such a tiny little overpatch i am always checking it to make certain that it is staying in place. (also, i dont know how ANYONE negotiates putting that G7 overpatch on themselves. its unruly and i need my husband to put it on for me :crazy_face: .)

I would love to hear feedback from any of you in FUD Land!!!

1 Like

@daisymae I use Tegaderm to secure Dexcom sensors and my Tandem infusion sets. For my G6 sensors I bought a large roll of 4" Tegaderm tape, and I cut off a 4" section and plaster it over the sensor. Rub it very well all over to adhere well. No worries about aim. Stays on even though I sweat buckets and in showers, but I’m not a swimmer.

2 Likes

I apply my g7 using my wife’s make-up mirror. The mirror magnifies the image which makes it easier for me to apply the overpatch.

4 Likes

That’s actually a stellar idea @Jwarfi !