Dexcom G6 app - HELP

Hi all my first post… looking for some help.

Just switched to G6 from libre. I used to use the Miaomiao with the libre and the xdrip app.

My question is can the G6 app have a widget on homescreen (android ) and can it speak readings? These were the main two features that I liked about xdrip!

Please help this newbie!

1 Like

You can also use xDrip on phone to read G6 if you prefer.

I haven’t used standard app/receiver since G4.

1 Like

Welcome to FUD @Gem. As @MM2 mentions, you can just keep using Xdrip, if you search our site you will find a good number of people doing the same.

1 Like

Thank you both for repies. It seems going back to xdrip is the best option.

I found I lost connection a lot with MM and xdrip. I put this down to MM and hope I was right and it wasn’t xdrip app… we shall see!

1 Like

I am guessing this will be much reduced with the G6. Do report back though. That is how we help eachother.

I rarely lose connection.

I also have a fitbit watch, and xDrip can update the watch. Need to keep phone in range of watch, but quick twist of wrist and I see bg, delta, arrow and trendline!

1 Like

Are you using MM or G6 @MM2 ?

I’ve just deleted the g6 app and started with xdrip :slightly_smiling_face:. I would like to set up up watch too… but I am hoping to go to t slim pump soon so it will hopefully all show in there so probably don’t need the watch.

Thanks for your helpb

1 Like

I am using G6 integrated with Tandem T-Slim X2, with Control-IQ.

There is a Tandem T:Connect app (and web T:Connect) that shows pump and CGM info, so I swap between those apps on my phone. But for a quick bg check and trend, I look at my fitbit watch the most.

1 Like

You can check this post on watches. My next watch may be the Bluejay, which can do readings without phone in range.

1 Like

Thanks for all your help MM2. I will probably be back in touch once I get the pump…

Can anyone help with getting xdrip to share data with the dexcom (to my dexcom account). As I like the reports and read outs in the clarity app. I have the option ticked in xdrip and input my dexcom login details but it doesn’t seem to be sharing!

1 Like

Unfortunately, can only get directly to clarity when dexcom app or receiver is directly getting data from transmitter.
But check here for alternative…

1 Like

I have used xDrip+ for both the Dexcom G5 and G6. For the G6 there is an advantage. The G6 transmitter has two Bluetooth ports, one port only dedicated to the Dexcom Receiver. Unlike the G5 I can now use the G6 system for updating my xDrip system and the Dexcom Receiver at the same time. This means I can now update the Dexcom Clarity from their receiver.
For my xDrip Plus system I use my smartwatch as the G6 receiver. The watch not only works to display my BG levels but also acts as a bluetooth signal booster to my smartphone when it is in range.
My endo however seems to prefer the xDrip data over the Clarity data but she now has both to analyze. I am always working to get my A1C down below my 5.3 to 5.4 lab values.

1 Like