Dexcom g5 vs g6

So happy for you! I went through a lot to receive my Medicare G6. It took many phone calls and work for my endocrinologist. So worth it! Congrats! ellen

1 Like

Has anyone compared G5 to G6 at the same time?
For example, having two sensors working at the same time and G5 sensor reporting BG to G5 Receiver and G6 sensor reporting data to G6 receiver/phone and Clarity.

1 Like

Yes, our very own @Eric took that challenge on and reported the results. Here is a link:

1 Like

Thanks, Chris! This helps a lot. Reviewing Eric’s results when compared to the Next One meter, it makes sense for me to stay with the G5 sensor.
Can you recommend people that replace batteries on G5 transmitter AND make the refurbished transmitter work with the Dexcom Android App and Clarity?

1 Like

Dexcom will stop selling G4/G5 sensors end of 2020 (US).

2 Likes

Unfortunately I am not privy to anyone that replaces the batteries but have seen some members report success quite a while ago. I think the current recommendation is to check on Facebook. But I wish you luck.

Chris, Understand.
I will ask on the Forum. I need to replace batteries on the G5 transmitter and get it reset to work with the Dexcom App and Clarity.

I’m not sure, but for G5, I think just the transmitter days need to be set to zero, which can be done with xDrip.

I have also seen refurbished G5 transmitters on AMZN, but both good and bad reviews. Price may go up once Dexcom stops shipping, or may be more folks selling them, or may discount if you swap for your dead transmitter.