Dexcom G5 Mobile App and iOS 11

Thanks for your response. Especially the last sentence which was very helpful

I updated over the weekend and I’m running both with no problems. Apple Watch working as well perfectly. Upgrade away, folks!

1 Like

Warning to everyone in the UK or not able to get the 1.7 version to not upgrade to iOS 11.2 with app version 1.6.1.
It does not work. or to be more accurate, it works but the app keeps reporting a temporary error with a very loud beeping and asks you to restart the app. Sadly this just repeats a various intervals and is really annoying.
This is especially a problem since we have had to buy a new iphone since the last one broke and we can’t even downgrade the ios version since apple no longer allow you too.

I love apple products but this is really annoying.

Does anyone know when the UK will get the 1.7 version of the G5 app?

3 Likes

@dripster82 First, welcome to FUD! Hope to hear a lot from you and thanks for the heads up!

Have you tried to reach out to Dexcom support for a solution, or at least a time estimate of the availability for the new version for the UK?

I personally am a big fan of Dexcom, having used the device since it first became available. But I haven’t used their app or a Dexcom receiver for about one year now. Instead I use xDrip+ which offers a much richer feature set.

Of course it requires an Android device but I consider that a feature, not a bug :wink:

1 Like

@dripster82
If you use a VPN which gives a USA IP Address, would you be able to download the Dex G5 Mobile app v1.7x?

Seems like if you are already in a non-functional situation there would be very little to lose by trying?

3 Likes

thank you might try the US app and see what happens.

3 Likes

@dripster82, welcome! Looking forward to reading your posts.

You may want to introduce yourself on the welcome thread!

I’m running an iPhone 6

Dexcom app Version 1.7.3

IOS 11.2.5

1 Like

Does anyone have copies of the legacy Dexcom apps? It would be nice to go back to 1.7.3 until Dexcom gets their act together on the newest version. Doesn’t seem reasonable that it is knocking my hearing aids off bluetooth regularly OR that they can’t even handle anything but the boring Apple Keyboard on the iPhone. There must be a place where older app versions are stored, for those older iPhones with older OS.

1 Like

I would love to find that out too.

Hopefully, you do. If your iPhone is set to do automatic backups (Settings->Apple ID (the first item in Settings, with your picture and "Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes…)->iCloud->iCloud Backup. The bad news is that you have to reset your whole phone to a new device (Settings->General->Reset->Reset All Content and Settings) and when you set it up, restore it from an old backup.

This will also work if you back up to your computer - reset the phone and select a backup from before the update.

If you don’t back up your phone regularly, you are out of luck (and consider yourself scolded). Even people with the old version in a backup cannot share it - you would have to restore from their iPhone backup.

Android, I don’t know how to restore an old version.