Dexcom Ending DME Provider Status :-(

Unfortunately Dexcom is getting out of the DME business, so instead of being able to order directly from them we now need to use Byram Healthcare to place our orders. Seeing how many problems we have encountered using DME middle men, we are not looking forward to our next order. Here is hoping Byram is better than the other providers we have used.

4 Likes

It’s not hopeless: I’ve been getting Dexcom and pump supplies from Byram without a hitch for quite a while. Here’s hoping your experience is equally good.

1 Like

@Chris Once Byram is set up, they are actually fine, especially for Dexcom. When I order my Dexcom, they appear to have Dexcom drop ship the order to me from the San Diego Dexcom whse without stopping at Byram.

2 Likes

Not using Byram now, but did with prior insurance getting dexcom seven and G4s (and pump supplies). No problems and their website interface was easy to use reorder, check status and pay bills.

But now getting Dexcom as Pharmacy at Costco which in my opinion better than DME and cost slightly lower. Even better than DME!!

Good luck with Byram.

3 Likes

I get my Dex supplies through Sam’s Club. At most it is a one-day wait from when I order to when I can pick it up. Sometimes they already have it on the shelf ready and waiting. The cost savings has been significant.

3 Likes

It will be SO MUCH BETTER! I had a terrible time with DexCom as a supplier. I hate to go back to how much dreadful time I spent on the phone or on the computer, with their people, with their local reps and the boss’s rep, with my insurance company, and with my doctor. Their customer service system was ridiculous. (One added annoyance: I’m on the east coast and they’re on the west, so I always had to remember to take note of the time for my phone calls. UGH! That’s not customer service.) I was still getting refunds from their overcharging years (yes, years) later.

That was one reason why I was thrilled to switch to the 14-day Libre system. This past year, my insurance company required me to use Byram and I have had NO ISSUES. Smooth sailing all the way.

1 Like

Is that just a change with your insurers contract with dexcom or is that an across the board change for them?

The letter they sent to us said they are ending their DME provider program starting today. So that should be for everyone that was getting their supplies directly.

2 Likes

As long as you don’t have to use solara just count your blessings

2 Likes

They have been transitioning folks for awhile.
Check your insurance as many are now switching to cover as Pharmacy. This past year my insurance switched PBM to Express Scripts, and I get dexcom G6 at lower cost than DME from Costco.

3 Likes

Now if infusion sets would go pharmacy that would be awesome.

Medtronic was real good(all on-line), but definitely my biggest frustration with Tandem is trying to order supplies.

1 Like

I’ve been getting my supplies through ADW Advanced Diabetes Supply. I get 3 months at a time,they send me a text confirming I want them two weeks in advance. And then a confirmation they were shipped. It’s only been about a year, but I’ve had no issues at all.

1 Like

Are you ordering direct from Tandem?

When I switched to Tandem, I had been getting Medtronic supplies from CCS Medical. Fortunately they were also able to ship and bill my insurance for Tandem, so no issues.

1 Like

I am, maybe that is the problem :laughing:. I guess I always thought of CCS as a supplier used by medicare.

Do they work with non medicare PPO plans?

1 Like

Not only is Dexcom out of the supply market but so is Insulet, at least for me :frowning:

I now have to order Dexcom G6 via pharmacy and now only get ONE transmitter per order. I used to get TWO transmitters. And now I have to go through EdgePark for OmniPods which took about TWO months to setup! Finally got my first 3-month order though and it seems to be fine once it is setup.

3 Likes

Up until yesterday we ordered directly from Dexcom, and they switched to one transmitter per order a while ago for us as well, so it may not have been your benefits that changed but Dexcom.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t know that before Chris! I also had a very difficult time with Solara.

1 Like

Follow-up: When I started having a difficult time with Solara, the supplier, I switched to DexCom. It was a double-whammy of problems.

1 Like

That was probably the worst overall customer experience of my life. That place should be bulldozed

1 Like

Same here…my insurer gave me about a 1 week notice that Insulet was no longer in network via snail mail. I am planning to switch to Dash because (for whatever reason the bean counters decided will save them a few dollars) I would have to get Eros pods as DME with a nasty co pay but Dash is covered as pharmacy benefit. At least that’s what they told me, time will tell whether it works out. No idea what my co-pay will be but I expect it to be much less than going through a DME supplier.

3 Likes