Dexcom App For All Android Phones

New to the FUD community, but I wanted to ask how many people are still using the Build Your Own Dexcom App form and if the apk’s are still good for more recently made phones? We just upgraded our daughters phone and it isn’t “officially” supported by Dexcom (Galaxy a20).

Also - if this build your own dexcom app works, how can I donate something to the maker of the form?

Thanks.

1 Like

@JackBurton Welcome to FUD!

Yes, the app is reported to work with any phone, and with the G6. I haven’t used it, but I’ve kind of been following it on Reddit.

Sorry I don’t know anything about donating to the developer.

1 Like

Instead of tackling this using Xdrip or the phone app, Could you get around this issue by uploading the data to a Nightscout site and then just following the Nightscout site? I know it would have a delay, but it would get around all of the other issues outside of timely notifications.

I use the build it yourself Dexcom app on my Samsung s10e, and it works great. I too have had issues when restarting or starting a sensor. The solution is to uninstall the app and then reload it. The point of this is that you don’t have to download it again, the apk is still on your phone. Go to files, storage, downloads, and you should see it there.

I run the Dex app and xdrip+, with the xdrip+ receiving from the follow part of the app (not draining transmitter battery any faster). Data still goes to Clarity for analysis, but I love the way xdrip is more predictive of glucose readings, warns for lows, and customization of snooze on alerts. Also works nicely for my Galaxy watch (very cool).

Mike