Dexcom 6

I’ve had the G6 for years, but the latest sensor I put on asks me to calibrate every single morning. I’ve never had this happen before more than once. Is this a new thing or just a weird sensor? The calibrations always match pretty closely to the CGM reading, and it’s always when I wake up (which is after hours of a flat line of blood sugars).

2 Likes

The Dexcom G6 does not require daily calibrations. Not sure what caused this sensor to be asking for morning calibrations but with doing the finger stick you are keeping an eye on it anyway so I would use it until done & see if the next one does the same. If so contact the dreaded Dexcom for an answer. Sorry I am doing this from memory. I am on the G7.

Cheers :smiley:

2 Likes

That happens if you do not enter a code and choose to do calibrations when you first started the sensor. Maybe you mistakenly hit the wrong button when you started?

7 Likes

I suppose anything is possible, but I never enter a code, I always take a picture.

I get that occasionally but if my BG is a close match I just ignore it and it goes away eventually.

1 Like

It’s been so long that I’ve had to do finger pricks, and now doing it daily my fingers are so sore! I forgot how callused the tips would be.

1 Like

Agreed/confirmed that if you enter a sensor code (either manually or via scan) it doesn’t ask you for daily calibrations, but if you don’t enter a code, it does force daily calibrations. Somehow, it sounds like you entered into a no-code sensor session.

4 Likes

Strange! You’d think I’d be on autopilot by now, but sounds like I missed a step. I honestly cannot wait for this sensor to come off. It has been so incredibly itchy the entire time too. 3 more days…

5 Likes

This is why pilots, surgeons and others use check lists. When we have done the same thing for years it becomes more likely to skip a step. As to the code, I always enter it manually. I had issues with my phone or me doing the scan correctly. Since I have to enter it manually in my pump, it’s become natural.

4 Likes

Same. It forces a manual action from me.

2 Likes