Cereal killer

My family has always liked cereal, and I particularly like it for lows. I guess we went a little bit nuts in the cereal aisle after quarantine.

I noticed this last night when I was trying to get some cereal and couldn’t get any cereal because there was too much cereal in the way! :grinning:

Here are all the boxes we had that are either unopened or still being worked on.

Cheerios of 4 assorted flavors, 1 box of Reese’s Puffs, 4 various types of Frosted Flakes, 1 box of Frosted Krispies, 2 boxes of Cookie Crisp, 1 box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, 4 boxes of granola, the triumvirate of Franken Berry, Boo Berry, and Count Chocula, and of course, the captain of all cereals, Cap’n Crunch coming in with 5 boxes in 3 different flavors.

25 total boxes, and this isn’t even counting the mini-boxes that come in the variety packs.

It was hard to get them all to hold still for the picture. Like taking the class picture of a bunch of 3rd graders after recess.

18 Likes

It’s like a monument to my childhood in the 80s :rofl:

7 Likes

Wow!!! You are sitting on a gold mine as soon as cereal becomes the new TP.

John

5 Likes

Our current household favorite is peanut butter Chex. Almost a little savory, entirely delicious.

5 Likes

The new cinnamon Cheerios (not apple cinnamon, just cinnamon) are also really good if you can find them.

6 Likes

Wow that is quite a collection. The insulin companies must be sponsoring you :wink:

6 Likes

Wow!! So my burning question for you if you could only choose one, which would it be??

I’d probably go with frosted flakes.

4 Likes

It’s definitely the Cap’n! That is my go-to for lows. :+1:

3 Likes

Wish I could still eat cereal!

4 Likes

WOW!! We had 10 kids in our family and never had a stock like that! We wait that could of been because we couldn’t afford it! LOL

We currently have a half of box and he doesn’t get another until that one is gone.

3 Likes

Yum, me, too…

3 Likes

I like Frosted Flakes a lot too, but the big advantage of the Cap’n is that you can eat it with your hands and not make as much of a mess.

Cap’n Crunch has the little square shapes, so it’s easier to eat right out of the box than any of the flake cereals or things like Rice Krispies. You don’t get as many crumbs with the Cap’n.

Same thing for Cocoa Puffs, Reese’s, Apple Jacks, or Cookie Crisp, those are also easy to eat with your hands.

Same for Corn Pops. It was originally introduced as Corn Pops in the 50’s. Then the name was changed to Sugar Corn Pops, then later Sugar Pops, and then finally they went back to Corn Pops.

It has changed its name more times than John Cougar Mellencamp. He started as John Mellencamp, then became John Cougar, then John Cougar Mellencamp, and now he is back to John Mellencamp. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Or because you HAD 10 KIDS IN THE HOUSE! Lol. I’m one of 9 so i get it!

We have to buy 7 or 8 gallons of milk every 5 days in this house now with 6 boys drinking it.

6 Likes

I loved the cereal TV commercials, esp Cocoa Puffs (Crazy for Cocoa Puffs!) and Cap’n Crunch! They really marketed them to kids! And who wouldn’t want to have a taste of Rice Crispy Treats!!??

1 Like

Silly @Trying! Trix are for kids!

3 Likes

YES!! This one too!! :star_struck: Trix are for kids and those adults who have fond memories of being kids!!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Cap’n Crunch also had one other unique feature Mr @Eric, an intake limiter. Regardless of how much you wanted to eat, if the cereal was dry you stopped when all the pointy square ends started to hurt your mouth. Cap’n Crunch with milk didn’t have that great feature, you ate until you couldn’t.

3 Likes

I think there is always room for more CC. There have been many times when I was so stuffed from dinner that I couldn’t possibly eat anything else. And then I’d go low, but somehow I could always manage to eat some CC, regardless of how full I was.

3 Likes

One of the staples in my childhood. Life cereal and Rice krispies came next. Haven’t had any of them for over 45 years, may have to pick some up.

4 Likes

@MM2 likes it!

giphy

4 Likes