Attn: Dexcom G4 and G5 Users - Upcoming Obsolescence Notification

Looks like no more transmitters will be sold for G4 or G5 starting in June, and they expect to run out of sensors by the end of the year.

More info found here:

https://www.dexcom.com/obsolescence

Also Dexcom, if you are reading, you should be ashamed for hiding this info on your website. I searched three different ways to find this page, and only found it by following a link from Facebook. You shouldn’t make it so hard to find.

13 Likes

Is this for Dexcom in the US or worldwide? Does anyone know? It looks like I can still order it in, say, Australia. But now I’m nervous… I need to plan ahead, even if I don’t know when I’ll be able to travel again. :sunflower:

Thanks for passing along this information. It’s quite helpful to know. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I don’t know, can you view the link in your geography? If you find out additional information, please post it.

1 Like

Thank goodness for Xdrip… I can use my hoarded sensor supply and just start replacing batteries So i can build a g6 back stock

2 Likes

Thanks for this! I am glad you were looking in to this!! :pray:

1 Like

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

6 Likes

I knew this would hit you hard. Sorry.

3 Likes

I am glad I did the G5 v G6 comparison challenge! That was useful.
:roll_eyes:

This is not really a big deal to me one way or the other. The bigger suck will be when Insulet stops making the PDM pods. And I will have to go back to syringes for running.

3 Likes

I got an email from Dexcom Canada stating that same information. Did they not email customers in the USA? They definitely should have!

I literally just ordered a G5 transmitter on Friday to finish using up the expired sensors I have, since the Libre is not working for me allergy-wise.

I’m hoping that if I go to the G6 later this year or next year there will be some way to stretch sensors and/or transmitters.

6 Likes

Carol, when we got ready to travel for a year in 2018, Dexcom told me they would only sell to me in the US.

They also told me that transmitters purchased outside of my area of registration [US] would not be recognized by Clarity in the US, but this may have been incorrect info on their part (although it is definitely technically possible).

2 Likes

Same here. We don’t want to change. Besides, we have tons of sensors.

5 Likes

Sad news, but not unexpected. So long to regularly getting 45 days or so out of each sensor. :wave:

5 Likes

I checked with the distributor in Australia. They assured me that the G4 would be available - transmitter, sensor, and receiver through 2020. Also said they would let all of their customers know if anything changed. That doesn’t tell me that things won’t change next year, but the change isn’t quite so sudden. I can prepare. :thinking:

Michel, my initial Dexcom purchase was through Australia. I had no choice at the time. Subsequently, I have purchased supplies both through the US and through Australia. The sensors, transmitters, and receivers all worked together - maybe because the G4 is simpler technology? I’m just grateful they did.

Right now I’m in the US and unable to return until the borders reopen. I don’t know when we’ll return. So we are trying to think and plan ahead.

Thanks, again, @Chris, for letting all of us know. I poked around a bit on their website and couldn’t find what you did.

3 Likes

Things probably will change. Dexcom Canada told me last spring that there were no plans to phase out the G4 here. But that was before they released the G6 in Canada, and that’s likely shifted things for them.

1 Like

Thanks, @Beacher. That’s good to keep in our considerations. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Carol, so sorry! Are you OK? Do you have a house to live in in a pandemic-safe environment? Can any of us help you in any way?

And do you have all the supplies you need?

4 Likes

Thank you for asking! You are obviously someone who knows what a nomadic life is. :luggage: :upside_down_face:

We are fine. Thanks to friends, we have a place to stay in the woods of the Northwest. We had been preparing to return when all travel stopped, so I had been procuring supplies. I’m grateful. :sunflower:

6 Likes

I had to laugh when I read your comment and looked at your choice of icons…

3 Likes

Do you know for how long expired sensors can be reliable? Thank you!