Apple Watch SE

Can anyone tell me if this watch is compatible with the Dexcom G6? If so, where can I find this online? I see series 3 but would rather the SE.

If it matters I’m in Canada BC

1 Like

This from Dexcom:
Dexcom Products compatible with Apple Watch SE

Apple watches require a paired Apple iPhone

Requires:

OS Range Set(s):

Dexcom G6 app watchOS 7.3.2

Dexcom Follow app watchOS 7.3.2

If your OS falls outside of this range(s), your device is not compatible.

3 Likes

The SE should be compatible with the Deacon G6; Dexcom has been good about compatibility.

You can buy the SE directly from Apple. Here’s the Apple Canada page for it: Apple Watch SE - Apple (CA)

Other big retailers sell it too.

New Apple watches are historically released in September, so you might want to wait a few weeks. Apple doesn’t update the iPhone SE every year, so they may also not update the Apple Watch SE this year, so who knows if I waiting will be worthwhile.

2 Likes

With regards to the “Requires” portion of your email, my Apple iPhone is an 11 max pro… would that meet the requirements with the Apple Watch SE and Dexcom G6? I’m not techy at ALL and I’m not sure what the OS requirements mean…

2 Likes

You shouldn’t have any problem with your iphone 11. My son was using Dexcom with a much older phone and a 5 year old apple watch. It is really cool to see your blood sugar everytime you look at your apple watch. There are many faces available that can display the dexcom data.

2 Likes

So this might be a really dumb question. When using a apple watch to see you dexcom data do you need to have data on your phone turned on?

I get dexcom data with fitbit watch, and its great! Even get alerts with watch vibration.

Per dexcom website, Apple watch can also be used. No mention of data plan, and bluetooth sends data to watchface.

1 Like

I currently have an Apple Watch SE and it works well. I get both my Dexcom and Loop numbers on it. I upgraded a few months ago from a Series 3 that I had been using for 3+ years.
I have noticed that I have far fewer instances where the Dexcom watch face displayed “- - - -“ instead of a BG number.

I’ve always had a data plan, so can’t help with that question.

3 Likes

No, it is shared with your paired watch via bluetooth.

2 Likes

Is there any watch that doesn’t need to have the phone nearby?

BlueJay GTS | BlueJay

This Blue Jay watch reads the Dexcom G6 when your phone is turned off or out of range. It works well but the signal is not very strong so placement of the Dexcom turned out to be an issue for me. I ended up on belly with Dexcom for Bluejay watch on either wrist.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! And affordable. I’ve never heard of “BlueJay” brand…??? I can’t believe it can do what an Apple iWatch cannot! Why’d I pay the pretty penny for the iWatch??? I did scratch the face of mine sliding down a mountain whilst free climbing LOL didn’t hurt myself other than scratching the face of my watch and a few scrapes, but yeah…may be worth switcharooing to this…

2 Likes