Anyone lined up for the dexcom G7?

Same here. Just inserted the G7 this morning. Working like a charm so far.

4 Likes

DM,

Iā€™m doing my research well ahead of when I go on Medicare. Iā€™ve heard good things about CCS Med as a DME provider. Glad to hear you like them. What pump do you use?

1 Like

I just switched over this past year to the MiniMed 770G. I dont like it as much as my old Paradigm model, but they discontinued the Paradigm so i had no choice. Its not bad; i just dont like how many damn (safety) buttons you must push just to get into the screen you want. Its so laborious that its ridiculous

How about you?

Thanks. I currently Loop with the original Omnipod Eros but just switched my RX to Dash Pods (which I can also Loop with). I have a stock of Eros I need to use up before I start using the Dash.

Iā€™m hoping the Dash pods will be covered by Medicare.

2 Likes

Embarrisingly, after over 25+ years of wearing a pump, i have NO IDEA what all these LOOPS,RX, DASH PODS AND EROS are. All i know is how to use my own simple-minded pump. If it aint broke, dont fix it (although i a certain i could do better).

1 Like

@daisymae ā€“ my actual blood testing device is from 2002. Old school OneTouch UltraSmart. I barely have just moved from the G5 to the G6ā€¦ Looping!!! Huh?! (I know @Eric is going to jump in here, absolutely horrified!!) I get there, eventuallyā€¦

3 Likes

@JessicaD,
The initial setup, build, and install of Loop on your phone does takes some effort. But once you have it installed on your phone it is sooooo easy to use.

Or as an alternativeā€¦ I can bring my Macbook and just install it on your phone for you. Then it would be ridiculously easy.

But I will also say this - before you do Loop, you should probably start with Insuletā€™s out-of-the-box Dash PDM and pods. Once you spend a few weeks with their stuff, then the use of Loop will seem so much better in comparison! :joy:

I promise, the only downside to Loop is getting it built and installed. After that, everything about it is great. Even if you donā€™t use the automatic basal adjustments (you can turn that on or off very easily!), the interface on the phone is so much easier to use than the PDM. Less buttons to push, less clunky, donā€™t need to carry around an extra phone, all of that stuff.

I spent 43 years without using a pump. I know both sides of it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been using the G7 here in Canada for about a month now. The first 24 hours can be a bit wonky with in accurate readings etc. But once you get through 24hrs itā€™s very accurate.

The 30 minute warm-up period is great. Just have to calibrate a few times for the first day. I do prefer it but itā€™s that first 24hrs that can be a pain. Other than that, a major improvement!

4 Likes

I feel exactly the same way. I most hate that first 24 hour wonky period. Also, i need my husband to put on the over-patch. I dont know anyone who could b such a contortionist and b able to put it on themselves.

Do you have a secret trick you could share?

2 Likes

Can you describe a little more the difficulty you have with the G7 vs the G6 overpatches?

1 Like

Keep my on my upper arm, just beneath my shoulder about an inch towards my back. Do use a mirror when I put on the overpatch. Will move it when I change it again about two inches towards my body, there it will be easy to see and apply the overpatch without any contortions. I hope! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I tend to wear both my G6 and G7 (not at the same time!) towards my back. Itā€™s sometimes hard to see and apply the overpatch the right way. Also put on underneath the G6/G7as my skin is so sensitive to the adhesive. Cā€™est la vie! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I had little trouble with the G6 overpatch, i think, bc it was thicker or heavier material. This G7 overpatch is so incredably flimsy, i cannot hold it in place/intact even before i even get it close to the sensor. It just sticks together like bad Scotch Tape.

4 Likes

How much are you paying for your G7s? I spoke with Dexcom Canada this morning and with their coupon, they said the G7 would be about $70 each ($220 per month). I also found out the G6 transmitters are selling for $35 ea at the pharmacy

1 Like

In Alberta, the pharmacies charge $85 per sensor. Thereā€™s no way around it as this is just the way it is.
Funny, they say the ā€˜Alberta Advantageā€™. I laugh a bit when I read that. Wish it was different.

2 Likes

I put the G6 and G7 on my arm, but place them slightly towards my back on my arm. With the G7 I bring it more forward as I find it tough to get the overpatch on unless I have a mirror close by.

1 Like

I put mine in the same place on my arm and still i cannot apply the over patch. I applaude you!!! So nice to hear about what works for people.

2 Likes

Do you use a mirror @daisymae? I find that helps the most but I have had half of the overpatch on the Dexcom 7 too. :woman_shrugging:.

1 Like

@Shecamp You can save 20% on the pharmacy G7 purchases by following instructions below (Canada only):

Iā€™m excited to share that Dexcom has launched the Dexcom G7 Patient Benefit Program to help make the Dexcom G7 CGM System even more affordable for you. The program covers up to 20% of the out-of-pocket cost* of Dexcom G7 sensors purchased at your pharmacy. This can significantly reduce or, in some circumstances, even eliminate your copay amount.

To take advantage of the program, you will need:

• A valid Dexcom G7 prescription
  • A copy of the certificate here:

Please note two certificates exist, one for QuƩbec and another for all other provinces. .

Make sure to present the certificate along with your valid Dexcom G7 prescription at your pharmacy.

4 Likes

Thank you so much @Jim_YYC ! Appreciated! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like