Anyone currently using lyumjev?

That’s great to know that Medicare will cover Lyumjev for my pump. I have a televist with my end Monday and will request a Lyumjev Rx.

Today makes 57 years T1D for me too.

2 Likes

Happy CakeDay! :birthday:

I think i had entered my Diagnosis date on profile instead of bdate, but nice to get acknowledged (cake) on diaversary day too.

@Hammer and others: So the military pharmacies are now providing Lyumjev in addition to other insulins. I had an Endo appt this week and discussed possibly trying it my Omni Dash pods. Endo wrote a script for a box to try it out. I’ve read this thread and just wondered who’s been using Lymjev (Loomjev for @Hammer), stuck with it or not, status of it causing pain with some boluses, occlusions with pump, and adjustments to basalt, ICR, ISF, etc. I’m supposed to pick up the box next week and looking at trying out on the following pump change. I’m using Loop to control the pump. Any comments from Lyumjev users and knowledgeable others are welcome. Thanks.

1 Like

I used Lyumjev on MDI, not pump, so I can’t speak to occlusions or pump-specific issues. The only reason I don’t use Lyumjev now is because I switched to a pump in March and haven’t felt the need to ask about using Lyumjev in my pump, at least not so soon after starting on a pump.

I had no stinging or pain with Lyumjev injections.

Lyumjev was a lot faster for me compared to Humalog and Novorapid, which was helpful at breakfast when I’d need a 45 minute pre-bolus with Humalog, but was too fast for me for lunch and dinner. I ended up using Lyumjev for breakfast, and Humalog for lunch and dinner.

I didn’t see a need to adjust my ICR, CF or basal, but it might be easier to spot when these things need to be changed on a pump where things can be fine tuned more.

1 Like

Still using it.
I only have any real stinging/pain if my site is too close, or into muscle.
I like my sites just below my ribs, so I can get some stinging, but that is my fault really.
It works great in the pumps for me. And it doesn’t have any issues with the Tandem cartridges either, like Fiasp is really bad about.

Interesting about the Military providing it now.
I will look it up in the VA formulary.
I am having an endo apt soon with a VA endo for the first time in 8 years or so. Hopefully this will not be a nightmare.

2 Likes

@Hammer I looked it up in the Tricare Formulary Search Tool (think its actually run by Express Scripts), my Endo sent the script electronically to the Fairfax Health Center (extension of Fort Belvoir hospital). In the Natl Capital Reg, you have to activate a script first, did so. Got called by the pharmacy saying I was the first to get Lyumjev and they were having to order it, so instead of 1 day I’ll get it next week (yes, timing is everything and the 4 July weekend is in the way). Thanks to you and @Finn for the feedback!

2 Likes

@TomH I’ve been using Lyumjev in Omnipod for about a year and a half. I find it to be equal to Fiasp as far as ratios, stinging, absorption etc. I have to stay diligent about rotating sites but that is nothing new. The only difference I’ve noticed has been my TDD steadily creeping up and is now about 15-20% higher on Lyumjev (with Omnipod 5) than it was with Fiasp (with MDI and then with old school pods and Dash). Its probable that other factors such as advancing old age account for that rise of TDD regardless of insulin brand/type…but who knows? Maybe the switch from Fiasp to Lyumjev accounts for it.

The main reason I switched from Fiasp to Lyumjev was my Medicare part D plan (Cigna) provides Lyumjev with a zero copay vs. Fiasp not on the formulary. That is deal too good to pass up.

2 Likes

@John58 I’m admittedly bad at pre-bolus efforts; well intentioned but often only get 5-10 min warning and my Novolog seems to take about 25-30 minutes to kick in. Perhaps the Lyumjev will help with that. It’s an experiment on my part. Control is currently excellent, most of the time, so it isn’t critical except for my mental health.

1 Like

I looked up the May VA formulary and didn’t see Lyumjev on the list.
I can still get it through my normal endo, but not sure if I can get VE to just write me a prescription for it.
I can get it either way, would just like to make it a little easier.
Wish it came in a vial, and not just pens. But the pens are easy enough to draw from, so not a big deal. I just hate wasting resources.

Lyumjev vs Fiasp, I found them to be very similar, enough that I never bothered changing my profiles between the two.
Now, U200, that is a different story! I like it, but I am still learning to get the profile right on my Tandem pump.

1 Like