Any xDrip+ Users Out There?

@Bradford The predictions are only on the main screen and they go away after the time had passed. But I just happened to have this screen shot:

The green boxes are obviously treatments, and the purple dotted line is prediction. Notice the IOB calculation, treatment suggestion, and cumulative data at the top.

Yes, it does take IOB and current Bg , trend, and carb velocity into account when making treatment suggestion.

This is from a weekend when I was doing strenuous yard work, so my Bg was lower despite the small amount of insulin I had taken. XDrip+ also allows for different IC ratios per time of day or day of week, i just haven’t gotten there yet.

Oh, the green solid curved line with the green shaded area is insulin activity on a time scale. You can set this in preferences, and also how quickly carbs are absorbed.

2 Likes

I have heard it’s the Sony Experia Go, but don’t quote me on that.

1 Like

@docslotnick, would you consider writing up a “how to” on starting with xdrip+?

I have had a look several times - it did not look that hard, but intricate enough that I never thought I had enough free time to investigate all issues and set it up in a couple of hours.

1 Like

Here’s anther screenshot that is currently telling me when my Bg is going to be low

This one is right now. Time to eat lunch!

1 Like

@Michel Not sure I’m an expert, but I can give it a shot. The thing that intrigues me the most about it is the watch as the receiver. It is just so damn convenient.

So, do you not need a phone at all? Or does it just capture numbers and re-sync when in proximity to the phone…then does it fill in the gaps? Obviously the watch isn’t uploading anything in the cloud. I am looking for the smallest technology to be able to remotely monitor.

Yes, that’s how it works.
You do need the phone for the uploader. The gaps (and treatment data you entered on the watch) are filled in when the phone is back in proximity of the watch.

As you can see the watch only gives some basic information, like the Dexcom receiver does. If you wanted to track in real time your child would need to carry a phone.

1 Like

I notice that there is a pedometer integrated. Does that affect the projections?

No, I don’t think that it affects the projections at all. It was just recently added as more or less as a doodad I think.

It’s not really that accurate either. I was raking up some leaves last weekend, not very strenuously. But because of the arm swing involved in moving the rake it registered almost 20,000 steps.

1 Like

"got a watch (Sony Smart Watch 3), ditched the receiver, and now get my readings on my watch even without the phone in proximity."
I didn’t understand that this was possible. I had heard that dexcom was doing something with Apple where Apple watches would be able to receive Dexcom data without a phone, but looking on Dexcom’s website that doesn’t seem to have happened yet.
I would love to get my dexcom data directly on a smartwatch without having to have a phone nearby. What’s needed to do this?
(xdrip? dexcom G5?) Right now I have a G4, but I could upgrade to a G5. (I thought I might just skip to the G6, but I don’t know how long that will be.)
Would it be possible to go swimming with a smartwatch and be able to see my dexcom readings while I’m in the water?
Thanks for any guidance on this.

2 Likes

@TTnyc Dexcom direct to a watch is easiest accomplished with a Sony Smart Watch 3, xDrip+, and a Dexcom G5 transmitter or a Libre with a Blucon transmitter.

As far as getting readings while in the pool, it is feasible but it’s probably not going to be that accurate, and it will likely shorten the life cycle of the watch. There are other watches that are more water resistant than the Sony Smart Watch 3 that can be utilized, but setting then up is a risky process because the watch ROM has to be flashed.

I’m working at the moment, but I’ll try to post more specifics later today. In the meantime if you have time download xDrip+ and have a look at it. Getting it to work on your phone is the first step, but it will require the G5 or G4 Share transmitter.

https://jamorham.github.io/#xdrip-plus

And Welcome to FUD!

2 Likes

Aside from the water resistance of the watch itself, the signal does not penetrate water–so in essence–you would only be able to get a reading if the transmitter and watch were not separated by water (like if the transmitter and watch were on the same arm).

1 Like

@TTnyc like @docslotnick I use an Sony SW3 to get the readings from my G5.

I used to have a G4 and used an xdrip bridge (the Sony SW3 can also talk to the G4 xdrip bridge).

When I play soccer (or football as most of the world calls it :slight_smile: ) I leave my phone at home and just wear the watch and it works perfectly and I get the glucose alarms on the watch. I have gone swimming with my SW3 and G5 and it sort of works sometimes…

If you look on the internet most people will say that only the Sony SW3 will work reliably to get readings from the G5 without a phone using xdrip+. Sony SW3 Smartwatches are not longer in production, but you can still find them on Amazon.

Other watches have not worked becasue of a bluetooth problem. Recently, Some folks have had success patching the firmware of some other Android Wear watches do they will not work. That means there are a few more watches to choose from if you are really technically inclined. (Set-up is not easy and you may break the watch warranty).

Watches supported so far, click to download the care pack:

Asus Zenwatch 2 (models WI501Q & WI502Q) care pack
Asus Zenwatch 3 (model WI503Q) care pack
LG G Watch (model W100) care pack
Polar M600 watch care pack

If you are not a technical person, the Sony SW3 works out of the box and is easy enough to set-up. @docslotnick and I can help if you need it.

4 Likes

Hi everyone! .I’m glad I found you and ready to share. I’m planning to introduce myself and tell our story as soon as I complete English translation (I’m a little bit rusty). I apologize for this but I can’t stop the willing to take this opportunity to ask a question about SW3. We are on libre+miao miao +xdrip+nightscout on the phone and Nighwatch on the follower phone. Tomorrow is arriving SW3. We’d like to setup it as the main collector not depending on the phone. I’ve been trying to find out how to do it. That’s the reason why I dared to ask here. Many thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @Betin You can find a very comprehensive watch guide at:

https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/blob/master/Documentation/WatchGuide.md

It does not specifically address the Libre and miao maio, but these are only minor differences. I think you,ll love having the watch act as the collector!

2 Likes

Hi @docslotnick,Thanks a lot for your answer. We received SSW3 today. Unfortunately, she doesn’t like it at all. We’ve already returned it to Amazon. “She is lady” like the song says…Finally she has chosen the Pebble time round. This is coming tomorrow. I’d appreciate any help with the setup. I understand that this is not going to work as a collector. I have read that is necessary to download a specific application and watchface of Pebble. I guess the download will have to be made by connecting the clock to a wifi as it does not have sim. I’ll see what I can do when I have it at home. I will comment on my progress or setbacks. I greatly appreciate your help and kindness. Thank you so much (This could part of our story,which I pending to complete)

@Betin, I would recommend checking out the Facebook group CGM In the Cloud, as many of those folks are pebble users. My husband is too but he’s not active on this forum.

@TiaG Thank you. Unforunately, ours miaomiao’s death today. It’s stopped working. I did the reset and I’ve charged it, just to try, but no way. It’s lasted a week working ok. I’ve already sent an email to the company. I hope the announced guarantee work fine. I’ll comment. Thanks

1 Like

For the record, I have used a Pebble 2 with xDrip+.

It is pretty straightforward to set-up and I can offer help if you need it.

16 posts were split to a new topic: How to get xDrop+ to work?