Any Tandem Mobi experiences yet?

My endo appointment is in two weeks and I’ll be upgrading to a G7, but also have the option of getting off of the Omnipod 5.

I’ve had an uptick in faulty pods (high leakage) over the past few months and it’s frustrating enough that I’m considering changing. I really liked being tubeless and it seems like Mobi is the only other option on the table right now (I discovered the V-Go while writing this post but it seems like it’s a flop?).

Has anybody gotten onto the Mobi system yet, and are you enjoying it?

3 Likes

You may want to search for the term “Mobi” here in the forums. I found quite a grew posts including some review type posts. Good luck!

2 Likes

Leaking isn’t necessarily from faulty pods but can be due to your tissue’s response to the cannula. There are workarounds if you prefer to stay tubeless (search for “tunneling” on this list. I’m currently experimenting with U200 to reduce bolus size), but it depends whether you feel the extra effort is worth remaining tubeless.

4 Likes

Right now Mobi requires you to be in the Apple ecosystem.

2 Likes

Switching to Mobi will give multiple choices for infusion sets and you might find a set that doesn’t leak or at least not as often as Omnipod. Also keep in mind that Mobi is just tSlim in a different form factor so the vast amount of feedback about using tSlim on this forum and elsewhere applies to Mobi as well.

2 Likes

I’m on the Mobi. The software is the same as the T-Slim. However, since the Mobi has no screen, everything is managed through you iPhone. That includes cancelling alerts and alarms, bolusing, changing out cartridges, infusion sets, and CGM sensors. The phone app is great. but you have to be OK with being tethered to your phone. there is a button on the pump itself that you can program for # of carbs or units of insulin for quick bolusing. That is the only thing you can do without the Mobi iPhone app.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing the info on the Mobi, @Cevans54. And welcome to FUD!

That sounds like a great feature!

1 Like

Also note that you can set up the app on another iPhone if something goes wrong with yours. I downloaded the app onto my husband’s phone. Your iPad can be a backup as well. The other thing to know is that the app uses face recognition for security purposes. Maybe that’s why you need to have one of the newer models?

3 Likes