Alternate Spot Pictures of your Dexcom or Libre

Well @Millz and her picture of the Dexcom on her calf makes me think creating a thread where people post photos of their alternate spots might be helpful to people that are just starting out or are looking for new spots. Just seeing that calf placement gives me so many ideas now that you start to understand how little tissue you actually need to make this work. I will start, it isn’t very exotic but my son wears his on the back of his arms

10 Likes

Me, too. I can usually place 3 sensors consecutively then move to the other arm. If I have failures then one arm does not last very long!

5 Likes

For the Dex I mostly do abdomen. Occasionally I do it on the arm.

I have a lot more locations for the pods, since insulin infusion can cause problems like lipohypertrophy if you use the same spot. So I rotate those a lot.

For the Dex, as far as I know, there is no long term problem if you use the same general areas.

8 Likes

No problem and we have been using this spot for years. He just makes sure the next sensor isn’t on the old sensors healing skin dot.

6 Likes

I always use my upper arm for the Libre. So far it works pretty well for me. I get about one failing sensor a year.

4 Likes

Newbie over here, but both sensors I’ve installed on my body I’ve alternated sides on my abdomen.

Pretty sure this is exactly how I would word it as well, but saying it in my head did make me giggle a little.

5 Likes

Low back above the hips!! That’s my go to!

Or upper butt if I want to hide it in my bikini during swimsuit season! That sounds naughty but whatev’s!

6 Likes

I’m using that spot for my Omnipod now! So far so good. Previous spot, abdomen, just wasn’t working well anymore. Falling off or becoming loose (canula was no longer fully injected) during runs was the biggest problem, and poor insulin sensitivity.

2 Likes

Allison - the FUD resident Butt Podder!!

5 Likes

Admins, who do I talk to for some business cards around here??! :joy:

6 Likes

I find when I use this spot and I’m living my Suburban Minivan Life and running a ton of errands…I REALLY have to pay attention to how I dive in and out of my van at each store or kid pick up. As long as I slow down just a bit and don’t just dig my back into my seat back like I usually do to get out of my van, it’s all good. Once I start running around like a crazy woman, my pod is so screwed. And as soon as I do it, I know I’ve done it, and it hurts, and I cuss. A lot.

4 Likes

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

It’s still a classic… :grinning:

ButtPods

7 Likes

Yup, totally with you on this!! :smile_cat:
I bought some hot pink GrifGrips for a little extra…peace of mind. :flushed:

4 Likes

And…grip?

3 Likes

Apparently not so much…had to do a pump change and IM injection yesterday morning… :frowning:

2 Likes

That’s a bummer @CatLady, sorry.

2 Likes

Dex6 user, had trouble getting sensors to last 10 days, always alternated one upper stomach dude to the other. I think I had developed scar tissue in the area (never hit the past two insert spots on that side).
Once I changed up to nearly my side/under ribs, or arm, they last the full 10 days.
Seems to confirm it was the site, not the sensor.
Good luck everyone.
TD1 52yrs

4 Likes