5 fun facts about yourself

Wisconsin has way better cheese than Alaska

2 Likes

As a self respecting Frenchman, I find traditional WI cheese totally inadequate: no cheese that can’t kill by smell at 10 yards is worth my respect.

Although I will say that, in the past 5 years, there has been an extraordinary increase in good quality cheeses from small artisanal dairies around here. Same for restaurant food: loads better than it used to be 25 years ago, the first time I lived around here:-)

4 Likes

I only want to use my fly fishing skills after age 40

3 Likes

Sorry, Amy. They are playing with you a bit.

Michel lives in Wisconsin and Sam lives in Alaska. Maybe you had that reversed.

Sorry, my fault. The two quotes from @amymc were from two different messages of hers, one to me, one to @Sam.

@amymc, as @Eric wrote, I am in WI, but @Sam is in Alaska— hence the sunlight issue (his latitude is a far N latitude, so he only has a few hours of sun a day when it is not overcast).

i lived in Norway for a while and we had total darkness all winter long. (and sunlight all spring and summer long) but, there was one night a year which was 'the night of the midnight sun." then everyone would stand outside (at least in Bergen) overlooking fjords, and watch as the sun would dip down into the water only to rise again into the sky. magnificent. very celebratory, party-down night :wink:.

i highly recommend taking lots of Vitamin D for depression during those dark dark months. i still swear by it.

1 Like

well at least it gotten straightened out :slight_smile:

You are a very studious person–quite a fine quality, imho. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

what do you plan to do with yourself when you retire? fly fish and what else?

1 Like

Coach wrestling maybe, read a lot. Fill in teaching navigation or radar classes or the like here and there at community colleges and trade schools maybe. If I find myself in need of a professional pursuit maybe look into the CFP designation and opening a financial planning service with a focus on west coast mariner industry… already have credibility there, and they badly need the guidance. Buy a small hydroseeder and bid on highway dept jobs And residential/commercial jobs with my son when he’s older. Stuff like that…

1 Like

thats all? ( :wink: )

1 Like

Sam
Maybe add learning to solve a Megaminx cube! Much more fun than a 3x3 cube.
I have seen videos of 2 or 3 year old solving 3x3 cube. Attended a competition a few years ago and most were younger than me… by a lot !

2 Likes