Zane, 5, changing his own Dexcom G6

Hey all, my son is 5 been dx since he was 3. We’re looking forward to this page after being invited over from his YouTube Page “Zane’s Gaming and More” where he posted him changing his G6 all on his own!

14 Likes

Hey Zane (and Zane’s dad/mom)!

Hey FUD family, I found this member on Facebook as he was posting a video of his son, Zane, doing his own G6 change-out.

Zane’s caregiver (would love to get your name!), there is a “minimum requirement” for time on the site before links are allowed, but I’ll post the link in your behalf!

All: Please welcome Zane (he’s 5) and his Dad (Dad, I didn’t get your name).

11 Likes

Feel free to stop by the “Share – My Story” section and introduce yourself and tell us your story!

Here is Liam’s Story

3 Likes

Welcome @Keefe67, the Wife/Mom, and Zane! Zane, you’re precious! Thank you for a wonderful youtube on changing your Dexcom G6. I wear a G5, but never saw a video on how to use the newer G6. You did a great job!

4 Likes

Very nice !!!

We are still working on that.

3 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

Welcome, Zane and family! New to the G6 myself and still getting used to changing it. I’ll watch Zane’s video on my next swap! :grin:

3 Likes

Welcome @Keefe67! Zane is adorable and does a great job of changing his sensor on his own.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing!! My name is Tyler and I am Zane’s Dad, and proud Dad at that :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome @Keefe67!
Love the name, our oldest is named Zane. What a great video – Zane seems like an awesome little kid. I’m going to show it to our 4-year-old T1D and hope it serves as inspiration for him!!

6 Likes

Liam loved the video. :slight_smile: Had to watch it twice.

4 Likes

Very well spoken and articulate 5 year old, congrats. That is an awesome video. My son is a little older, but we do exactly the opposite. i.e. the arms are where the sensor goes, and everywhere else is pump site land.

3 Likes

I would probably consider the arms for the pump if we used a tubed pump since the insertion area is so much smaller, but, like you, we also use the arms for the G5 (rotate) and the legs (side and top mainly) for the POD rotations (occasionally we use the upper bottocks if the legs are not suitable).

2 Likes

Zane will not do his Dexcom on his arm for some reason … and pump will go on both arms and belly from time to time. Just depends on Zane’s mood.

3 Likes

Ha, awesome! His next video is already posted and we’re planning a few more on just diabetes related information.

2 Likes

Welcome! Thanks for posting! Zane is such a sweetheart! I love his happy approach!!

3 Likes

Welcome Zane’s family, and awesome job for Zane!!!

3 Likes