Xdrip+ with Sony SW3 vs. Dexcom with Apple Watch Series 1 go!

I’ve noticed that my daughter’s SW3 taked a LONG time to charge.

Mine takes about 15 minutes to add 75%.

I bought mine new and have been using it for about 1.5 years.

I found that I have to power it down to get it to charge to 100% because of notifications that keep turning on the back light!

I always have my phone with me, so debating on making the watch the collector or not. Every time I try, it stops both.

1 Like

I’m also using xDrip+ and SW3 primarily as the collector. Neither device (phone or watch) will last 24 hours for me, but both charge up quickly. The downside of the SW3 for me is that the charge port is very finicky. I’ve already gone through one watch which eventually failed to charge. xDrip+ developers however support other watches as collectors if you are willing to flash the rom w/ a patch for the bluetooth. Yes SW3 is older technology (it’s Wear 1.5) but that doesn’t matter for xDrip+ functionality:)

Also, xDrip+ now supports the 3 hour backfill. So even if you have neither device with you, you’ll still get your BGs on reconnect:)

1 Like

Sorry to hijack this thread. My son presently uses an iPhone and the Dexcom app to collect his readings. I am wondering if it is possible to use the Sony SW3 watch to receive readings when he his out of range of his iPhone, but keep the iPhone and Dexcom software as the primary collector? This would be for sports where he is unable to carry his iPhone or check it while playing (for up to 2 hours). But, we still want all of the readings to go to Dexcom Clarity. I understand that we will need an Android phone in order to set up the watch, but other than the setup, do we still need to have an Android phone, will we be able to continue to use the Dexcom on the iPhone?

@Cal
If it’s a G6 that should not be a problem. If it’s a G5 you have about a 30% chance.

You will need the Android phone ongoing. It’s the only way to calibrate. Even if you use the G6, you need to calibrate after the 10 day no calibration period. And you will need the phone to start a new sensor, or when you switch transmitters.

I wish I could get my numbers into Clarity, but as of yet that is not possible with xDrip+. Even so, with all of the stats I can get with xDrip+ Clarity is really not needed (except by some lazy doctors who should know better).