xDrip plus: watch as a receiver

Oh wow. That’s amazing.

I have however signed up for the Annual contract from Dexcom UK. So in any case they would send me 4 transmitters and monthly sensors as its a fixed cost.

Since its for my son, and newly diagnosed, I just want to play it safe in the beginning.

Hi @docslotnick,

I managed to get my phone to work and my watch to work. However if my watch is set as collector, and my phone is not in Bluetooth range, the Phone’s xDrip+ is not udpated with the latest values.

I was under the impression that once the watch was setup, it would use the Android CloudSync to update back the ‘collected’ values to the paired phone LIVE as long as the watch has wifi and the phone is connected to the internet (No matter the distance between them)

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks,
Manas

Hi @manas Glad you got everything working.

When the watch is collector and out of Bluetooth range of the phone, then readings will not be updated on the phone until they are back in Bluetooth range.

You can fix this by using “desert mode” and setting up a local Wi-Fi " hotspot". Unfortunately this takes a lot of battery. I’ve never tried it, but heard it works well.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread in case this isn’t the right place to ask.
Soon I’ll use dexcom G6, I’m looking for a not overly expensive smartwatch to read the blood sugar levels without having to use the smartphone’s bluetooth connection. I was reading that there are some models of smartwatch can be used as masters for G5 applying a patch, like the Huawei Watch 2 4G LTE or the Sony Smartwatch 3 (any other advice is welcome). Are they good for G6 too with xDrip+? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

@Ellanor If it works for the G5, it should work for the G6.

As mentioned further up this thread there is a list of watches that can be patched. Find it here

2 Likes

I am having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Watch. Had xdrip working on it prior to this sensor insert but now, cant get it to work. Could some one please dumb this down for me since I am not tec savy? Please point me in the direction of original set up, maybe something has changed during this last set up.

I have a Samsung S9+ and cannot find xDrip or xDrip+ when I search my playstore. I would love to be able to get a longer life from my Dexcom Transmitters and Sensors. I am new to all of this. Please help!

@sggmom62 XDrip is not available in the play store, You need to download it directly from GitHub after checking the “download from unknown sources” box in system settings. Once downloaded, double tap on the file to install (the apk).

1 Like

I got it, Placed a new sensor with my transmitter and cannot get it started. The app keeps asking for calibrations!! What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for the late response.

Are you using the G6? If you are you need to enter the sensor code into xdrip+ when you start the sensor. Also in Settings> G5/G6 Debug make sure you check “I am using G6”.

If you’re on G5 then calibration requests come at least twice a day.

I apologize in advance if I’m on the wrong forum. There are so many I’m never sure which one to post to. My question is this. I will be going to the new Tandem external pancreas. I currently use x-drip with a SW3 and I use the SW3 as the receiver. Is there anyone who knows if I will be able to continue doing that once I begin using tandems Control-I or is there a way to contact xdrip directly for answers?

@Patricia I think you should be good with the watch, as long as you have the phone in proximity. If the Tandem connects directly to the transmitter then you won’t need the phone full time.

I am using the G6 and tomorrow technically my sensor runs out. Is there anything I should do to try to keep it going for a few more days?

No, it will just keep going until it stops or you take it off due to inaccuracy.

1 Like

Nope, my sensor just stopped
What do I do now?

In the treatment applet, press the microphone and say “restart G6 sensor”. That should make it start again.

Oh, wait. You’re using the G6, probably in native mode. In that case you will probably need to go through the 2 hour warm-up again. But this Tim your code would be 00000 and you’ll need to calibrate.

Native Algorithm is actually checked, should i uncheck it?

I got an alarm that the start had failed so I did stopped the sensor and restarted it using 0000 but now I just got a warning stating sensor failed start on the actual screen but in my messages it says G5 sensor failed. I am using a G6. I am about to cry I am so fed up with this. I cannot afford my now tripled co pay but it just seems there is no other way.

What is the S/N on your sensors?There were some G6 sensors that couldn’t be restarted, but I think the ones being sold now can be restarted. I think ( but not 100% certain) that the affected sensors were 81Gxxxx and 81Hxxxx.

The numbers you are showing are for transmitters, the sensors have a 4 digit number. I popped out the Transmitter waited 35 minutes and popped it back in (My daughter took great pleasure in helping me do this, LOL) That worked. My new transmitter that I started on 1/2 starts with 8J…Can’t wait to try to extend the life of this one… Yikes!