What do you put your RileyLink in?

I am omni looping and use the RileyLink. For the phone, I’m using an iPhone SE. I bought a credit card pouch that sticks on the back of the phone that was recommended, but it is separating and peeling off. I think it is just too big.

So I’m looking for some recommendations!

I thought I remember somewhere someone recommending an iPhone wireless earbud case of some sort, but can’t find it?

What are you using?

1 Like

This is what we use to protect the RL

Hard shell armor

2 Likes

I just use the key ring it came with to attach it to my iPhone SE case, so they are always connected. I carry them in my pocket/bag/waist bag, sometimes inside a zipped lock baggie. Not very sophisticated, I know :frowning:

2 Likes

I just carry the RL in a front pants pocket, with loose change, keys, and a tube of glucose tabs.

Has anyone found any decent waterproof solutions for RileyLink storage?

I need one to keep it dry if I’m out running (rain and sweat!) but the option on loopcases.com is just far too expensive (especially when adding in shipping to the UK). I found a pouch on Etsy, but there must be something else out there that’s:

a) waterproof
b) not that much bigger than the RL (searches for waterproof pouches tend to bring up ones big enough to at least keep a phone in, if not an OS map!)

Since the RileyLink is useless unless you are also carrying your phone, why not put them both in something like this?

It’s only $3, so even if it is not great, it’s only $3…

(2 different sizes, by the way)

Because that thing is huge and I don’t want to be carrying something like that around with me. It’s inconvenient more than anything

I attach my RL to my iPhone’s case. It isn’t waterproof but being attached, it is less likely I’ll lose the RL, and they need to be close anyway. I use a small waist bag just big enough to carry both in during runs. I carry spare doggie bags to protect them at the beach, or from rain or snow. So far this has worked and I’ve been in some monsoon like rain storms!

1 Like

I use this in my pants pocket:

2 Likes

Rileylink: a PCB with an LiIon battery:

Ziploc bag. I know it’s environmentally unsound, but it does work. If you want a permanent solution buy a pan of spray paint from Halfords and, well, spray it (make sure the battery is connected first!)

If you want waterproof; seriously, I mean, you can waterboard a RileyLink and it still works, you need to go to the seriously capitalist place that @eric recommends and start buying those drybags.

A ziploc might be the best short term solution. Not great for the environment as you say, but still waterproof and reusable (to a point).

I have ordered one of these though:

Hopefully when it arrives it’ll work just great. I like that it comes with an easy way to clip it to my keys or running belt.

2 Likes

Please update us on how you like it! I might replace my biodegradable doggie bags with it. I use the doggie bags for just in case weather for my RL.

1 Like

Of course.

Hopefully it’ll be finished (they’re all individually hand made) and shipped to the UK very soon.

@Trying My RileyLink bag arrived earlier this week, and I must say, I really like it! Its a home made thing (as many items on Etsy are) but it is crafted really well. The RL fits nice and snugly inside, and it come with a little carabiner for easy clipping onto your jeans.

It’s not going to keep the RL dry if you dunk it underwater, but for rain and sweat its more than adequate, and the water just beads off the surface.

It is expensive for what is is (especially since I had to get it shipped from the US to UK) but I really like it and I’d buy another without a second thought.

1 Like

Thanks, @MisterMints! I appreciate the update. I will look into getting one as well!

1 Like