Welcome, introduce yourself here!

Hey, I’m Rex. I am Eric’s son, yeah, that Eric. :wink: I have grown up with an awareness of diabetes, as I sometimes have to bring sugar to my dad. I had two diabetic teachers this year, and I support anyone who lives with diabetes.

8 Likes

Welcome Rex. Glad to see you have an awareness of diabetes. Without your dad I am sure it wouldn’t be quite so much fun! My children can’t wait to leave my humor behind.

Look forward to your contributions.

3 Likes

@Rex Rex, welcome! You have quite a dad. Hope a lot of him rubs off on you.

Make sure you post often to let us know if he is behaving himself.

5 Likes

Will do!

2 Likes

Rex, so glad to see you on the forum! Your dad is an amazing person!

3 Likes

Welcome neighbor!! I’m in Northern Illinois, Northwest of Chicago. Glad to have other Midwesterners here.

Congrats on the upcoming delivery!!

1 Like

Glad to see you here!

1 Like

Looking forward to your input here Thomas.

I’ve had my Dex G5 for about 6 months (wow, it really seems like much. much longer) and my A1C dropped to the mid 6’s from low 7’s since then.

1 Like

Welcome Rex! If you’re even 1/2 as intelligent as @Eric when it comes to the Diaverse (universe of diabetes…did I just create a term?), then I’m very much looking forward to reading your posts.

Nice to have you!

2 Likes

Well he is definitely the one you go to for questions.

Glad to be here!

my nephews version of this is : “you get what you get, and you don’t get upset.” :smile:

This thread was somewhat buried, wanted to bring it back to the top for some of the new people to introduce themselves!

2 Likes

does Kim the @Spinlady now about this thread? did she already introduce herself? i cannot remember. (too much water on my brain :blush: .)

(Edited to tag mentioned member)

I am Kim - AKA Spinlady. I have had Type 1 for 35 years, diagnosed at age 22. I live in the Los Angeles area with my husband of 31 years. Yes, he knew me before I was diagnosed. He actually held my shoulders when I gave myself my first insulin shot. I also have a 23 year old son - high risk pregnancy (well worth the trouble!)

I like to ride bikes and use spin bikes indoors.

6 Likes

Hey Kim (and anyone else),
Add your your years to our combined years thread! I think you will put us over 400…

1 Like

Welcome Kim (@Spinlady)!

2 Likes

Glad you have found our little corner of the 'net. Looking forward to your contributions. 35 years is amazing, congrats!

1 Like

Welcome!! Great to have you here and can’t wait to hear how your spin class experiment worked out?

1 Like

@Spinlady Heartiest welcome to you!

Spinning after 35 years of T1 is truly unlimited! We have a lot to learn from you.

3 Likes