Welcome, introduce yourself here!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Sarah or Boo, referred to as Engel on here.
I am a Type one Diabetic, I am currently 21 years old, and I was diagnosed 2008.

I’m no to big into writing my whole life story, so feel free to ask away with any questions and I would be more then happy to answer. I look forward to chatting with all of you.

-ßðð

5 Likes

Engel/ Sarah/ Boo, it is GREAT to see you here! Welcome!

I have a son who is 12 (going on 20) who is T1. He is in Costa Rica right now with my wife, in 95F weather with thermoses full of insulin :slight_smile:

So looking forward to your posts!

1 Like

Welcome Engel! Awesome to have you over here! You just missed the last HUUUUUUGE party we had over here, but there will be another soon probably. :slight_smile:

What is your current program? Pump/MDI? CGM? Insulin types? What are you up too these days? College/work? Are you married/kids? Do you like long walks on the beach? Wait…wrong place for that last question so strike that one!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome again, very nice to have you.

2 Likes

Dang, I put $100 on @sam being the one to make the first inappropriate comment…
:rofl:

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: I’ll send my Paypal account info. lol

2 Likes

Hi Sarah / Boo / Engel!

Welcome to FUD. If you gotta be a diabetic, this is the place to do it.

Lots of pod users here. And if you are interested in exercise, this is also the place to be.

3 Likes

Engel. Nice name! It means angel in German. Sprechen sie Deutsche?

1 Like

@Engel Hi Sarah ßðð Engel! Welcome!

Hopefully your diagnosing endo did not try to convince you that you were T2 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. We’ve heard of endos who seem to do that.

3 Likes

Just a Pump. Omnipod.
Work (loads of fun) I am a Engineer.
Single unfortunately lol.
And I recently went to the beach…I do like long walks on the beach. lol.

Thank you!
-ßðð

3 Likes

Thank you Eric!

2 Likes

Mechanical? Software? I’m also an engineer of the software type.

2 Likes

Hello,

No, didn’t have that problem, but I did end up losing my original doctor, I think she retied, not 100% sure, went through two more docs so far and have stuck with the third guy but hes not all that. lol.

5 posts were split to a new topic: How difficult is college life for a T1?

Klein
lol

1 Like

Hear of BIM, I work more in design of boilers, piping, all hat fun stuff, in programs like Auto-cad an Reivt.

I am considered Mechanical though to answer your question.

1 Like

My inappropriate comments are only made in private

you do HVAC stuff? I was a mechE back in college – enjoyed all those classes on fluids and heat transport. Now I’m a journalist though.

1 Like

Generation and distribution of chilled water, steam, and power, as well as peak shaving and cogeneration.

But I work mainly in Revit, sometimes Autocad,

I do whatever really, But I am a “BIM”

1 Like

A bit tardy but welcome to FUD Kim!

Lisa

1 Like

Welcome to FUD with us unlimited Diabetics!

2 Likes