Watch sending data to the cloud?

Our son is at soccer practices 3 or 4x a week and gets a ride there most days, meaning I can’t be with him. However, he’s not yet 100% when it comes to treating lows at practice. And the fields are now big enough that he doesn’t run by his phone often enough for us to get steady data. We got him an apple watch in order to have data send to us continuously, and for us to be able to text him if he needs a low treatment.
But the “straight to watch” functionality on the Dexcom app doesn’t seem to send the data into the cloud, which means we can’t see it on Dexcom share.
Is there any workaround to get around this and get data from his watch to the cloud?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @TiaG! Good to see you here! Hope things are going well for you and Samson!

I am not sure if this works for the Dexcom share app, but there is an Apple Watch option that lets you make calls from the watch without needing your phone.

I got it with my Apple Watch when I bought it. My thinking was - if my phone battery runs out or I do not have my phone and I have an emergency, I want to be able to make calls without needing my phone!

Do you have that option? If not, maybe consider adding it and seeing it it makes a difference. It costs a little bit more, but not much.

I don’t know for sure that it would fix it, but it might be worth trying.

1 Like

Yes, we have that type of watch specifically for the idea that we could get data even if he was away from his phone. I am guessing? It’s probably some sort of NightScout workaround or some other option for sending data to the watch that might work best.

1 Like

@TiaG If you havn’t found them already, the two below links may help:

And, Use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support.

3 Likes