US Loopers+miaomiao+android

For the US Loopers out there, who are now a little lost without being able to use the Libre US 14 day sensor to loop, I wanted to post a quick guide to getting the US 14 Day Libre sensor working with Loop. I am sure many of you are already doing this, and I am sure there are many ways to optimize this data flow (and even get it off the cloud), or maybe just switch over to AndroidAPS.

You will need:

• A working Loop version with Dexcom Share as an CGM option

• MiaoMiao 2

• Android 8.1 device (preferably small and with a cheap wireless plan). I am using an Unihertz Atom (from Amazon)

The Basics (Be sure to read all steps and notes first especially Note 1C):

Step 1. You will need to follow the directions at the link below to update MiaoMiao 2 firmware, install the OOPalgorithm (to decode the encrypted Libre data), and install the modded xDrip+.

Note 1A: If you have installed xDrip+ before, uninstall it first (otherwise the modded version will not install, be sure to read Note 1C below first)

Note 1B: In the Android settings, be sure to not allow battery optimization on either OOPalgorithm or xDrip+, as we want to ensure all run in the background (with no limitations).

Note 1C: Unfortunately the developer who modded xDrip+ disabled a way to change Nightscout or Dexcom Share server details, good thing is that they did not actually delete the underlying code, so you simply need to install a somewhat recent version of xDrip+ (link below) and enable Dexcom share with your username and password (Settings --> Cloud upload, Dexcom Share Server) then go to Settings --> Show Settings QR code --> Copy All Settings. Take a photo of this as you will need to use this to Auto configure the modded version xDrip after it is stalled. On the modded xDrip: Settings --> Autoconfigure

Note 1D: When installing the modded version of xDrip+, you may need to first skip the sensor setup and go right to enabling the Out of process algorithm setting (ensuring OOPalgorithm is running), then go set up the sensor and connecting the MiaoMaio2 via Bluetooth through the modded xDrip+

Step 2: Once your glucose data is incoming on Dexcom Share and/or Nightscout, you will need to change the CGM in Loop to Dexcom Share and enter your credentials.

That’s it! Happy Looping!

Latest version of xDrip+ (non-modded, for saving QR settings code to import into modded xDrip+ as noted in Note 1C): gcb8Whyi5Vb8yKnKOMzB1ReB2p0gN2D1ALrH1ynJa0m8hKNCEmaD0Gt3QUw)

2 Likes

for details , pls search www.miaomiao.cool

@lydiaji Thank you so much for this. I think it will save some loopers a lot of grief.

But the latest xDrip+ nightly is fully prepared to take readings from the US 14 day sensor via MM2. So the uninstallation of previous xDrip+ installations is not necessary. Just upgrade it to the latest nightly release, and you’re done.

1 Like

@Docslotnick I am so happy to receive your response. MiaoMiao2 will support US-14 day libre with IOS soon.and Tomato watch also will be released soon that can work with libre alone without phone.

By the way , do you have facebook group or Instagram account ?

Thanks for your attention and suppot.

Waiting for your reply .

------------------ Original ------------------

That’s terrific. To bad Dexcom is still dragging their feet on the stand alone watch.

I am not in any social media. Too old for that stuff :grin:. You can reach me on this forum, or by PM from this forum.

1 Like

ok, Tomato released new version for both iOS and Android phones, the new version works with all Libre sensors, including US 14 days and Libre 2 sensors. Please upgrade your app on your stores, and iOS version is 2.6, and Android version is 2.5.
Thank