Twin sister bicycles

I acquired a bicycle I built from a used one I bought, The only parts original were the frame, stem and seat post… The fork had to be replaced because of a hairline crack causing high speed wobbles. I used the ultergra group set that was on another bike (retired).

Anyway my son never rode the bike but maybe 2 miles once. I guess it wasn’t for him. After 3 years I did a buy back and have set it up for me. New (used saddle) like my other bike, New handlebars my width, changed out the pedals, and took the wheels from my other bike.

Today, I got a similar wheel set used through EBay. You can’t buy these wheels new, but I really like them. Here’s a picture of the two. The LiteSpeed Sienna on the right is my son’s former bike and the Lynskey on the left is my bike. Well they are both my bikes. Too bad one isn’t a gravel bike.

12 Likes

What are you naming them?

1 Like

A witty young bike wrench (mechanic) name tne Lynskeys Monica (as Monica Lewinsky). I’m leaning on Catherine after St Catherine of Sienna.for the Litespeed.

3 Likes

Monica Lynskey is hilarious! :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve been alternating the bikes. I plan to ride The LiteSpeed Sienna aka Catharine tomorrow. Did an inspection and wax job, so she shines, plus may be wet tomorrow.
IMG_1773

3 Likes