True2go

Does anyone have an old true2go meter that they don’t use? Mine no longer works and they no longer make them or the strips for it… but I have a ton of strips that I should try to use up as they’re expiring.

1 Like

I don’t…I unfortunately got rid of mine years ago (plus it would be in mmol/L). However, I am currently using a True2Go case (to hold my Contour Next One meter, strips container, and Fastclix lancing device) and it’s starting to look a little ragged. I’ve started thinking about what case of a similar size I might be able to use once this one wears out. I don’t know of any others nearly this small. If anyone knows of a similar case that is available, I would love to know!

1 Like

I use those cases to put other meters in too… it’s crazy to me how the designers of these things don’t realize we don’t want a big sloppy case to carry this stuff around

Plus the little mesh pocket is great for used strips

2 Likes

Yep, I put the strip container in the big elastic loop, the lancing device in the small velcro loop, and the meter rests perfectly in between the two on its side when the case is closed. I put used strips and an extra lancet drum in the mesh pocket, and two spare batteries in the pocket behind that. I doubt any replacement will be as good a setup.

1 Like

@Sam I’ve got one. I just changed the battery and it came on, but then turned off. I don’t know how to test if it works because I have no strips.

But the price is right. PM me your address again and I’ll put it in a box and send it to you.

2 Likes

I have a True Metrix meter, does it use same strips?

1 Like

Different strips… they replaced the truetest line with the true metrix

1 Like

Thanks doc!

Let me experiment around a little here to see if it’s worth the postage… I have their big old true result meter still that works.

I have 2 lots of strips, one that expired in May 2018 and one that expires a couple months from now. I’ve been experimenting with the ones that already expired and seem to be getting consistently low readings with then—- enough so that I’m not sure they’re any good at this point… I’ll tinker around with them for a couple days then touch base