Tri Cities WA

@Sam - welcome to the neighbourhood (I’m right up the street in Calgary, a mere 660km to the NE).

Your traffic circle / roundabout comments made me laugh. You best go out and practice in the middle of the night until you get it down LOL

3 Likes

I’ve come to appreciate that the prowess I lack in roundabouts I more than make up for with 4 way stops… apparently they no longer teach people how to pull those off, and those who once learned have long forgotten down here.

4 Likes

You want to see something funny, watch a bunch of Tennessee country boys try to negotiate a round about. I was in my forties when I saw my first. Damn I should have stayed out of the big city.

3 Likes

I am constantly amazed by the 4-way stops here in your southern neighbor state. 4 cars will come to a 4-way stop, then each will proceed one at a time in some random order that cannot be determined prior. So each car must start/stop a few times to see who really wants to go through the intersection at that point in time. Coming from the midwest where people generally behaved behind the wheel has been interesting. On the other hand, you don’t have to shovel rain, so there is that. But if they could just figure out who has the right of way, and proceed 2 cars at a time it would be more efficient.

3 Likes

LOL I don’t know how it works in @Sams state but the rules in Tennessee say that youshould yield to the person to your immediate left. This allow traffic to flow in an orderly fashion.

Of course no one knows the rules and everyone thinks its first come first serve, Thats when you get all the start stops

2 Likes

That’s the standard… (on boats as well)… the vehicle/ vessel to the right has the “right of way”. It’s easier on a boat because the left/ port side has a red light and the right/ starboard side has a green light. Red means stop. Green means go. Port wine is red.

Also here nobody seems to understand that when you’re turning you turn into the closest lane… some teenage kid ran a red light to make an illegal u-turn and into the farthest lane of traffic (where I was) the other day… almost ran into me, then flipped me off for not yielding (I guess?) to him? I almost followed him and taught him a life lesson…

1 Like

Very true, When I am making a turn onto 4 lane road I treat it like a two lane and wait for all other traffic to clear because sure enough, if I make my turn into the closest lane another driver will cross two lanes and run me over.

1 Like

Sam,
Katherine Brault is fantastic. I have been her patient for 10 years. Welcome to the Tri-Cities, I lived in Kennewick for 26 years and currently reside in Walla Walla. Can we meetup sometime in the future?

4 Likes

Hi Tim! Glad to hear that. I’ll give her office a call here soon. Does she insist on strictly practicing diabetes medicine or does she kinda play a primary care role as well?

Would love to meet up sometime

Sam, I would be more than happy to have an offline discussion with you. Is the any way to private message contact information via the site? If private message is not an option we could meet at the McDonalds or Starbucks on N Rd 68 at a time of your choosing, anytime tomorrow morning or afternoon.

Yeah if you click on my little image it should give you an option to pm me… although maybe since you just joined today that might take a few days to have that option? Not sure. I’ll send you a pm and you should see a little notification flag pop up on your screen

Sam, the pm worked and I am so pleased to have shared my NP/ patient experience with you. Totally made my day and I am really looking forward to meeting with you in person. I have gained so much useful information from this site (how to refill cartridges by Eric, etc) it was my honor to repay one of the co-founders with some useful, local market physician referral information.

4 Likes

Was good to talk to you! Thanks for the referral. I’ll follow up on it. See you around!

1 Like

@tim and @Wheelman

Thanks both of you for the referral. Had a good apt with Kathy today. Like her a lot. Think she’ll be a good fit. Also found a good primary care doc here.

3 Likes