Translation please

What the heck does this mean?!?

Is it a water fountain that you can’t drink out of? Why not just turn it off instead of hanging up the artwork?

Seriously, I wasn’t thirsty, but that sign made me want to take a drink.

5 Likes

I think it’s only referring to people who bend over while they drink…you know the old adage about bending over for soap in prison. Maybe this is a prison sign? Just speculating. :laughing:

If you look to your left, right and behind you, then only do a small neck bend downward (if really short) to drink OR if you bend at the knees to drink, I think you’re OK to drink from those fountains.

5 Likes

I was wondering if it was a throwback to the 50’s and segregated water-fountains, but for bald people without necks.

No really, I guess this is a Covid thing, right? But it was bizarre because why not just turn the water off?

3 Likes

Maybe trying to say “do not use” due to COVID restrictions ??

4 Likes

Maybe it means no spitting in to the fountains?
:woman_shrugging:

Of course you did, you rebel! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Might be a warning it comes out like garden hose at full force…

3 Likes

Warning: Don’t stick the top of your head in the fountain.

6 Likes

Do not use the fountain for bathing purposes :rofl:

5 Likes

No boys allowed. Women only.

5 Likes

It means, approximately, “use this to fill your water bottle, please do not drink directly.”

Common in airports, at least those which have not been able to replace the fountains with water-bottle-fillers.

3 Likes

I guess it’s a thing now, I just never noticed it before. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Life after COVID is so weird. “Don’t drink from the drinking fountains, you savage! They’re filling fountains now!”

7 Likes

Curiously Medford (“Dreadford”) airport [MFR] still has a rotating door; the kind you get in and are trapped for 120 degrees in very close proximity to the mask-not-wearing individual who got in behind you. IRC there might be a notice saying one-at-once, but since the only (customer) way out of the departure/arrival/waiting lounge is that one door it’s the point you get infected… We don’t get you on the way in, we get you when you try to get out!

6 Likes

@Eric it might mean don’t stick your big booty out while you drink from the fountain. This would purely be a safety measure because someone sticking their big booty out while they’re drinking could be a trip hazard for someone else walking by, lol

4 Likes

The translation:

5 Likes

I don’t think there are any new requirements for drinking water fountains in the US; at least I can’t find anything on the CDC web site. I was taught, when I was young, to never use a drinking water fountain because of the health risks, I guess the image of someone vomiting into one just reinforces that for me.

1 Like

When water pressure is low, you might be surprised just how many people put their mouths on the fountain! This is especially true of kids in schools.:flushed:

1 Like

“Keep your stinking [lips] off me, you damn dirty ape!”

:monkey:

1 Like