Here’s a sign that we really needed…

I don’t know about you, but usually when I’m in a public restroom, and it gets clogged, I stick my hand in the toilet to unclog it.

Good thing they had a sign. Otherwise I woulda been elbows deep in there.

4 Likes

And who’s throwing SHARP THINGS in the TOILET??? ::scratching head::

3 Likes

I personally like the sign my wife and I saw on our last cruise ship! Roughly recalled: “Other than toilet paper, if you didn’t eat it or drink it first, please don’t put it in the toilet!”

I noted despite the warning, the cabin two down the hall had to be snaked day 4!

5 Likes

The thing I found amusing was the idea that if someone was planning to put their hand in a public toilet in the first place, chances are pretty good that a sign won’t change their mind!

4 Likes

Wild - just a reminder of the strangeness of our world.

The way I read it is that the hospital, in its wisdom, has installed a razor sharp dam that lets through stuff like toilet paper and organics, but catches wipes and keeps them from going into the plumbing. If the hospital is putting sharp objects in the toilet, I expect that lawyers (and OSHA?) would insist that there’s some notification of such. It is absurd, but that’s my guess as to how they got there.

Having recently had a $15,000 plumbing problem due to non-toilet paper, I can understand the hospital operator’s enthusiasm for anything that might keep the plumbing from getting clogged.

6 Likes