The Crazies Are Out - Covid 19

Oh I’m very prepared.

What’s a DL?

I’m thinking “Drivers License”.

2 Likes

Yes, USian, at least on the West Coast, for “Driver License”, which is the only form of identification used by many, maybe most, people in the US.

I have watched it, I think I enjoyed the edition even more than the original.

2 Likes

That’s exactly why everyone should have a minimum of 2, preferably 3-4, weeks of food in their home if at all possible. That’s why the grocery store shelves have been emptied of canned and dried goods in particular. In my house, we’re stocked up enough to not need anything I think for about a month, though we will likely make orders for fresh produce to be delivered at some point if we can. As a T1D, my bulk shopping included giant bags of skittles, sour patch kids, swedish fish, and smarties.

4 Likes

A staffer went to my former workplace with a fever yesterday to protect sick time since my former employer won’t allow people to use telecommuting infrastructure that’s been in place for five years.

:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: Mostly upset at my former employer for putting everyone in that position. Our local cases are finally getting confirmed slowly with testing, so it’s here.

5 Likes

That’s going to be a significant problem in halting spread IMO. People have been working sick for a looooooong time due to concerns over losing hours/their jobs. The current recommendations are to stay in even for minor cold symptoms (or if you think it’s just allergies); if people are going in with fever, what are the chances they’ll stay home for “just allergies”?

3 Likes

The interesting thing is that if that staffer has Covid-19 then they may need to shut down because so many are sick. Dumb dumb dumb.

2 Likes

It’s been interesting having former coworkers reach out to me for help bc they’re afraid to speak up.

My ex-bosses won’t listen to me but I’m friends with the people who DO have credibility with them. I’ve been working on this behind the scenes yesterday and today for my friends’ sake and it sounds like a plan is finally being put together today. Finally.

2 Likes

Sounds like a lovely place to work…

1 Like

#nailedit

Updated to add: This afternoon my ex-bosses announced reasonable measures to start protecting the staff. They’re still worried that the optics are bad, but at least they committed to much better safety measures now. Not perfect, but much, much better.

1 Like

I LOVED 28 DAYS LATER!!! but I have a terrible crush on Cillian Murphy. thank goodness that my husband doesn’t mind. LOL.

U R forever cracking me up :rofl: Eric. Do your boys appreciate your wicked sense of humor?

1 Like

All of the liquor stores are closed in my neck of the woods. Governor Cuomo made certain of that. People will either stop drinking, begin drinking NightQuil with a Listerine chaser, or simply break into the stores and haul out everything they can carry. There’s certainly no stock left of beer in the grocery. Yup, Walking Dead Sh*t here in Brooklyn.

4 Likes

Depending on how much you drink we stocked up for the end of the world or just a good weekend. But fortunately, the liquor stores aren’t closed here.

3 Likes

that looks like an average Friday night but unfortunately, falls a little short :rofl:

3 Likes

A recent trip to the hardware store…

Someone should explain to their employees the whole face-mask concept. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

That’s why it’s spreading like wildfire in the USA… because the economy was so strong that even people this dim had “essential” jobs

2 Likes

That’s not quite as dim as wearing the same pair of gloves to shop in three different stores, or rubbing your eyes with a gloved hand.

3 Likes

As long as your hands are protected, you are safe. That’s how the virus gets into your body! Through your hands, not your lungs!

1 Like