SugarMate

Oh, the three things I love most about Sugar Mate are

1. You get a telephone call (And the call tells you it’s from Sugar Mate and informs you that the BG’s are at a dangerous level and tells you the actual number) whenever you’re low or other events.

2. You can turn on GPS for the app so that SugarMate sends a text message to an emergency contact that’s set up within the app and informs the follower that the person has an urgent low blood sugar and their last location and links the GPS location (just in case that person is unconscious in a ditch somewhere while walking home after coming home from a club). :smiley:

3. You get texts that make distinct sounds that you can configure whenever there is a triggering event such as a predictive high, low, or you’ve been over a certain limit for 2 hours.

Really exciting app and the dev deserves a lot of kudos for it.

1 Like

Yes, the watch basically can’t do much without the phone nearby (even the one with cellular, I may be wrong but I think the cellular version pretty much just lets you call/text/GPS without your phone)

I believe this is how it works :slight_smile: I’m not like, positive though because my phone is acting as my Dex receiver and I also have Sugarmate on it. But if I force close Sugarmate on my phone, the Mac app appears to still update!

1 Like

If this is the case, then that would be awesome. I’ll test it Monday as I have to go into the office and will have my iPhone with me. So, if I get to work and can log into sugarmate.io and see his data it works…if the data isn’t there, I guess her phone capturing the data doesn’t update the portal (even though I wouldn’t understand why since the follower is there regardless of which G5 phone is capturing the data.")

Thanks!

2 Likes

@ClaudnDaye I don’t know the answer, but the sugar mate site looks awesome!

1 Like

Why, though? I can see that you need a phone with the G5 app near the transmitter, but why would the Sugarmate app need to be there too since it can be a follower?

I have to say I really wish it were on Android too after your description. Btw, since when are you the one with the iPhone? I thought you were Android all the way?

I am, but refer to this post from April 2017.

At the time the G5 Mobile app was only available on the iPhone so I bought the iPhone then nearly as soon as I did that, they rolled out the G5 mobile app for the Android but it was too late as I was already locked into the contract. lol. But yeah, I’ve had this since like March of 2017. :smiley:

Now that I see Sugar Mate is only for iPhone, I’m glad I have it. lol

2 Likes

The app probably doesn’t “have” to be…you could only look at the data on the web portal if you wanted too or the watch, or whatever…but having it on the phone is just another way to have the data accessible. Without the app, you can’t set up the phone calls (or get phone calls), set alert thresholds, predictive high and low responses, etc.,

1 Like

Has Sugarmate called you yet, @ClaudnDaye?

1 Like

Yes. Multiple calls and they have helped me avoid several nighttime lows so far.

2 Likes

Seriously?? Okay, I’m doing something wrong. I did add them to my address book and thought I turned it on, but I haven’t gotten any calls. I’m not even sure I would really want them, but I’d love to at least try it.

And it comes up as “Sugarmate” or whatever you named it, right??

Yes. Make sure you have it switched on.

3 Likes

Here’s the phone log from the last few days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll check now!

this is the most I’ve ever been in range! Love sugarmate already! :rofl:

3 Likes

I am confused on how the SugarMate interacts (or does not) interact with the Dexcom G6 Mobile App on the Apple iPhone as well as what runs on the Apple watch.

It sounds like on the posts above that both the Dexcom App and the SugarMate app both run concurrently on the phone?

And then what goes to the Apple Watch. Would it be the Dexcom or the SugarMate? And is the SugarMate better on the Apple Watch as opposed to what Dexcom (currently) provides?

Yes

I’m in the middle of setting it up but the sugarmate offers the difference between your current and prior number

1 Like

SugarMate gets the data from the G5 Mobile app after you add it as a follower. From there, the data is stored in the iCloud and capable of being read on the computer, phone (via the app), smartwatch, etc., via real time.

1 Like

@Michel Sugar Mate acts like an app on android too. Just go to your Sugar Mate website on your phone, click on the three dot menu in Chrome, and add it to your home screen. It puts an icon on your home screen that makes it look like an app. Works like an app too.

I’ve been using it on my Samsung Note 8 for several days, and it’s great!

5 Likes

Yep, via the Android web app.

1 Like

I love so much about it. There is so much more data than the G5 Mobile app…for instance, in addition to the BG’s like you can see on the G5 mobile app, it also stores the direction…so you can look at specific times and see exactly what was going on…not just a static number. So, I can go back 3 hours and see that he was 175 double down, then 150 double down, then 110 double down, etc., It’s nice to be able to see that kind of data.

Also, as I said, I’ve been saved multiple times now with the phone calls. I don’t hear alarms, but I hear the phone calls because the phonecall just keeps on ringing until you pick it up. You also get texts when you are going to have a predictive high or low and you can take action on it.

Not to mention all the pieces of data you can see from A1C to % in range, % high, % low, Flux, etc. Also, because I can see his data on the website, no need worrying about where the phone is (as long as it’s near him)…no running and checking the phone everytime I hear beeps. Just look at the website right from my computer.

Also, you can pinch (zoom) in and out on the phone app to see more data or less data…(24 hours -vs- the last hour, etc.,)

Can’t speak highly enough about it.

6 Likes