Storm's a-comin'

i dont want to sound like a snob, b/c i am anything but, but FYI, there is a tiny pub in Paris France which ONLY serves beer. it is a real dive of a place in the middle of nowhere. dark and dingy (and IMHO, the way a pub should smell) and when you walk in the door, they hand you a menu. it is actually more like a disertation-sized manual. page after page after page of all the beers, ales and stouts from everywhere in the entire world. you just sit anywhere around these tiny tables and a waiter actually comes over to you and takes your order. you can ask questions, opinions, etc. and even if you are not a drinker, you will be guarenteed to leave there with second-hand drunkenness. :wink:

1 Like

DM,
I’m sitting in the local sports pub watching the Giants - Cowboys game and I ordered a Sam Smith in honor of you.

2 Likes

do you have any idea how hard it is to find a sam smith in bklyn? here, we deff need to leave town and drive either upstate or to eastern long island :wink:

who ya root’in for? i am a Giants fan, but they look miserable tonight. come on Eli, you’ve got to be kidding me.

1 Like

On the Sam Smith front, whose beers are so good, a few are listed on the reference beer list (not that I can find a source for this, but, I am writing it anyhow, since we are just talking about good beer, and not anyone’s health here)!

I recently got the Yorkshire Stingo for a friend and the report was that it was quite good! I had hoped to get a taste, but wound up sending the beer along to him without joining it (don’t the best gifts come with my company, oh? No? Haha, shoot.)

Love Sam Smith. Good cider too! Hope your beer supply will hold you steady through the upcoming storm. Bread goes bad quick in hot weather, beer just refreshes. I wonder if peanut butter and jelly sold more than usual to go with all that bread?

2 Likes