Starting on t:slim X2: my first questions

I kind of didn’t. I stockpiled the luer-lock cartridges until they went out of stock, and used each cartridge for 3 fills (15 to 18 days total). I tried a 4th fill, but it seemed to be underdelivering, which I attributed to the micro-plunger wearing out from zillions of strokes. I really didn’t know what I’d do when the luer-lock cartridges ran out, but the problem vanished when I started LOOP on an old Medtronic 722 which takes QuickSets with the paradigm connector.

I wish, but I didn’t. If you know of or hear rumors of an adapter that enables the t-lock cartridge to connect to a luer-lock infusion set I would be keenly interested. There was talk here on FU of maybe 3-D printing something, but I was afraid of what might leak from that plastic into the insulin that I’m infusing.

I agree that it was vitally important to keep Tandem alive. In my opinion, Medtronic is a despicable company for their apparent practice of trying to drive competitors out of business by means other than creating superior products, such as their exclusionary deal with UnitedHealthcare Insurance to ensure that no insulin pump other than the Medtronic pump was covered. I still don’t understand why that isn’t a violation of antitrust laws.

6 Likes