Some non-D cool stuff

Look what I found in my front yard today. The mother is out looking for food. It was near the street so I led it back into the woods and left it there once it lay back down.

9 Likes

Very cute, this guy was on my morning walk. Very rare to see these, rubber boa constrictor. Not quite as cute and cuddly as yours, but still really cool. Thankfully my wife wasn’t on the walk or she would have played with him for 30 minutes and I would have been late.

5 Likes

Granted this is a few years old…but check out what we caught on one of our game cameras!

4 Likes

Here’s a bobcat that crossed at the same creek crossing earlier this year…

4 Likes

That’s awesome!

1 Like

That’s awesome she was so tame! We have lots of those (we call them antlered rats), but they are very easily spooked. You must be “the deer talker”!

3 Likes

on Fire Island there is a huge deer population. they are not skittish at all. they come right up to you like they are your friends. unfortunaltely, they are covered with deer ticks, so they are animals to avoid.

there is also a city in Japan, called Nara; they have a park there where deer just walk about. and there are so many of them, too. they call the place “Nara Park.” unfortunately, these have deer ticks, too.

2 Likes

That’s amazing! My husband and I just had a weekend getaway, and there were a ton of deer near where we were staying. Dozens, just hanging out in people’s yards, no fear.

2 Likes

What amazing pictures! The fawn looks VERY young, possibly a day or two old?

1 Like

We had a skittesh mom and baby pose for us recently

They are so darned cute.

4 Likes

I think it dropped very recently because as soon as it saw me it started bleating and following me around like I was Momma.

4 Likes