Late fall schedule in rural Wisconsin

You may wonder why I am posting less that usual… Winter is almost there, and we are rushing very hard to try and complete everything we need to do to get the house and land ready for the long freeze :slight_smile:

My personal bane in late fall is buckthorn. Before the ground freezes hard, I try to pull as much buckthorn as I can. So, the last 2-3 weeks, and the next few days, until the hard freeze comes, every free hour goes to pulling buckthorn. Here is this evening’s work:

BuckthornP

There is some satisfaction in looking at a large pile of buckthorn out of the ground.

Of course, there would be much greater satisfaction without any buckthorn to pull :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got Goats ?

2 Likes

Out here in Oregon you can rent a herd of goats for a day or week until they eat everything you don’t like. Pretty affordable too, $125 a day for a herd to be placed on your property and eat away.

5 Likes

I’ll go to your house and eat everything for free.

6 Likes

What could go wrong…

4 Likes

Love the pic!

Oh if only I could do this!

But buckthorn needs to be pulled. It grows back as long as there is root left, and comes back harder to pull :frowning:

You should come to mine instead, I have more buckthorn than he does :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My imagination is running wild already…

1 Like

I have a vision of someone chasing a goat, but have chased it from my mind…too funny.

2 Likes

Too bad it doesn’t freeze to death

1 Like

That’s so funny! My dad does the same thing! In local parks too…

2 Likes