Sneaky boy

Can you see where someone snuck food without telling us?

:smile:

6 Likes

Did he at least sneak something good? Looks like it from the peak.

1 Like

He took 1/2 of his younger brothers cinnamon waffle. So only 7 grams but around breakfastā€¦ Any breakfast food causes severe spikes w/o prior and proper insulin dosing.

2 Likes

Yeah, the same thing happens for us, although not as severe. That is too bad, I was hoping he grabbed a pint of ice cream and went to town. At least that would make a better story.

1 Like

Well cinnamon waffles are some of his favorite foods so Iā€™m sure it was awesome for him! Lol

He denied it three times first too.

4 Likes

I am glad he enjoyed it. Next time he will have learned and will pull the battery on his Dexcom first.

8 Likes

Oh the little rascal!

He is not the only oneā€¦ Even much older ones do it from time to time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know all my kids do it too. Heā€™s the only one I can prove though! Lol

2 Likes

Impossible. Must have been something else. Everybody knows that cinnamon cancels out diabetes.

8 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

At my house we frequently say ā€œsomebody stole that box of cereal and I KNOW it wasnā€™t your brother because I can see his Dexcom!ā€. Poor guy is actually less able to get away with it than the rest of them :grin:. Best was when somebody (not my T1 kiddo) stole a quart of ice cream and got called away before he could enjoy his haul so stashed it in the drawer under his bedā€¦blech.

5 Likes

Katie, my T1 kid just read this and canā€™t stop laughing!

This is the same kid whose bed I pulled away from the wall the other day, and found about 20 goody wrappers behind itā€¦ At least he dosed for them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ohhhhh, the candy wrappers behind the bed. We have that gremlin too. Despite the fact we donā€™t keep candy in our house!!! I found an empty cereal box behind the piano the other day. My T1 guy gets diet Cokes as a treat and he even hides the cansā€¦I do not understand this boy stashing behavior. Itā€™s like living with rodents.

4 Likes

Now itā€™s my turn to be laughing aloud in my office with nobody around, I feel like an idiot and I have tears coming into my eyes! Yes, just like living with rodents!

4 Likes

I can totally relate to all of this. Iā€™m constantly uncovering new ā€œstash spotsā€ for hordes of candy wrappersā€¦reminds me of my own youth. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Didnā€™t have dexcom when I was young, but I was quite creative. I took various trinkets, small toys from home, to school with me, and sold them to classmates for pennies or nickels. Then got candy in the stores with gumball machines, etc. And I was never caught !! (I think I was about 7).

3 Likes

@MM2, that was pretty ingenious!

So true. I ate 1/3 cinnamon sugar donut the other night, and my BG barely moved; Iā€™m cured!
ā€¦jk. I was going low. :laughing:

2 Likes

OMG this is awsome. I have a matching spike from the candy dish at my office earlier this week. I planned and dosed for 2 candiesā€¦ 15 pieces later, Ooops!!!

One of my worse memories was when I was about 8 and my parents caught me in the kitchen eating brown sugar out of the bag with a spoon. Not diabetic then, but even so, I bet it would have made a dex alarm.

4 Likes

Oh, my, lol! My brother and I were quite the partners in crime when we were little - we snuck a looooot of candy, even subbing the ā€œgood stuffā€ when we would get candy rewards we didnā€™t like as much. We would bury the wrappers in our yardā€¦ :laughing:

5 Likes