Showing off

Competed in the national champs…things went well!

i-2WC73SP-X2

16 Likes

Looks fun and slightly dangerous at the same time! But if you enjoy it, its great!!

6 Likes

AWESOME! Congratulations! (Where did this take place?)

4 Likes

Very cool photos of the event. Sweet looking race boat.

4 Likes

Thank you! This one was in Long Beach, CA but they’ll host them all over (Great Lakes, East Coast, Gulf Coast…)

5 Likes

The danger part goes away pretty fast with practice. Luckily the local waters are pretty warm so if the boat flips it’s a few minutes of swimming in 63 degree water.

4 Likes

Bringing back ancient memories. If I had a suitable body of water nearby I would get a Sunfish. What’s your boat as it appears to be a pure cat rig, different from the Sunfish?

5 Likes

Wow, exciting!! Congratulations!!

3 Likes

This boat is the Finn. Sunfish are fun. They have those all over.

3 Likes

Finn sound too high performance for this old lubber who’s forgotten most of his sail smarts. A shame the class has been dropped by the Olympics.

3 Likes

Hoping they bring it back.

They also had a similar boat for the women Europe (dinghy) - Wikipedia that was really cool.

4 Likes

@MarkP Whoa…a separate type of boat for women? Might be sexist! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Have given this some thought since the last post. What were the differences in boat design for men vs women? It’s not like they put toilets on the things, is it?

1 Like

These very small boats are designed for the operators weight, if I understand correctly.

The ideal sailor weight for the Europe dingy is 50–85 kilos, while the Finn is 85-120kg.

4 Likes

soooo cool! Keep going!

2 Likes