Shoulder Pain

Not sure what this all means, but hopefully I’ll now have an answer to my shoulder pain of about a year now, which is worse than ever this week.

I hope my new physiotherapist will have some exercises that will improve things for me. At the moment I struggle to put my hair in an elastic because it’s painful.

I hope I don’t have frozen shoulder!

4 Likes

That’s pretty common with us. The shoulder is a very complicated machine. I had frozen shoulder about 3 times over the years. It tends to get better over time after getting worse.

Part of the stuff I got when I was diagnosed 33 years ago was a little booklet put together by the PT department, “A Program of Shoulder Exercises.”

I found the following link that has most of the exercises in my booklet.

The odd thing is, since I retired I have not had an issue with frozen shoulder, but I did have shoulder pain that was caused by nerve impingement where the nerve passes through a tunnel on the top of the shoulder to go down the arm. That was quickly resolved by using a trigger point ball.

This video is about trigger points using a lacrosse ball or trigger point ball. It is a lot more extensive than the stuff I did. Currently I’ve been using a vibrating massage tool on shoulders.

3 Likes

I don’t know the medical explanation they gave, but it sounds like frozen shoulder.

If it is, you can fix that with PT. I know it is not great to deal with, but PT will definitely help.

2 Likes

I have had frozen shoulders and resolved with injections and PT, over 20 years ago.

Injections, no problem. PT definitely more painful.

Related issues are trigger fingers, and had surgery and PT, but that was over 30 years ago.

My A1Cs improved considerably, and have not required treatment since.

3 Likes