Short tube patch pump

I’m an MDI user myself, and not really looking at pump right now. Still, I like to keep up with all available options and stumbled across this:

Apparently, it’s something like a reausable pod with a separate infusion set. You stick it to your skin with adhesive and connect a very short tube (5 cm) to a separate infusion set. It seems like it could offer some advantages from both worlds.

What do you pump users think about this? Has there been anything similar before?

3 Likes

If it uses a Luer lock, I am all over it. Makes it much easier for me. (Are you listening @LarissaW ? :grinning:)

That pump looks very much like this one, which I posted about a while back (over 2 years ago). It is not yet available in the U.S. I think the FDA makes it much harder to break into the U.S. market. (Look at how we were the last to get Fiasp approved!!)

@kalle, since you are in Sweden, maybe one day you can help me get hooked up! :wink:

2 Likes

Cellnovo looks very similar. Sadly, it seems they’ve shut down: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/2019/mar/cellnovo-to-cease-producing-its-insulin-pumps-and-technology-99328879.html

Let’s hope this one fares better, and that more companies get this idea. Just like you wrote two years ago, competition is a good thing!

The FDA approval process is a bummer, and I guess that goes both ways. New things on one side of the Atlantic seem to take a long time to cross. It’s like they’re travelling by sail without a compass :laughing:

3 Likes

I am always happy to do a gift exchange with my friends overseas!

3 Likes

@Eric I wonder why this looks oddly familiar??

But anyways, this looks like a pretty cool concept. Definitely best of both worlds.

And the website is so ~euro~ it makes me want one to be cool :joy:

2 Likes

This pump is available in the Netherlands. ViCentra, the company behind this pump, might in fact be Dutch.

3 Likes