Restarting G6 sensor failed? Help!

@Millz
So does that mean that I have to let the sensor expire completely before I can restart it?

1 Like

It appears the restart method works either way: if the sensor session is stopped manually or not.

3 Likes

I personally have restarted a sensor after it expired using the same steps that @Tigs1962 outlined above and it worked for me!

If I ever have “no restart” issues with this way, then I will remove the transmitter once again, and start a new sensor session when the transmitter is out of the sensor. As expected, after some time, the app or receiver will say that the sensor has failed. After that, I’ll put the transmitter back into the sensor and start it like it’s a new sensor. :100: Hopefully that’s helpful if anyone ever has had issues with the app saying “no restart” after attempting to do so

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the info, @MM2 and @Nickyghaleb for asking for me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

MM2, will you post on if this turns on successful or not? Looking forward to it! Thank you again!!

Will do !

Of course after my 81 transmitter, I have 8G and will get a chance to try that too. Will certainly post those results too.

1 Like

I did transmitter reset today, with 81xx G6 transmitter, worked as expected.

Here is link, topic for G5 reset, but this is what I followed.

1 Like

Hi Tigs1962,

Thank you for posting this. I used xDrip+ until my sensor updated to 8G/8H. I tried everything with xDrip+ with no success. This morning I used your directions and successfully restarted my sensor.

~daphne

2 Likes

@Tigs1962
Just restarted my G6 sensor today following your instructions. Thank you!:blush:
Had to calibrate once (so far) and it seems to be tracking finger sticks. :clap:

2 Likes

It is really great to hear that so many of you are now successfully restarting your sensors. It is also good to hear that a successful way of resetting the transmitter has also been found.

Can I ask, has anyone else experienced a bad skin reaction when extending their sensor?
The first 10 days were fine for me. But after extending my sensor it started to ache, then hurt.
When I finally removed it, the sensor “hole” was a mess and it took about a week for it to fully clean up. I haven’t heard anybody else talking about this, so I may have been just unlucky this time.

I am much more comfortable now I have gone back to my Libre and MiaoMiao. I KNOW it is not as accurate, but then again I rarely have 2 finger stick readings the same, EVEN of the same blob of blood (yuck! TMI. sorry)

1 Like

@Tigs1962
Yes, I’ve had 2 weird reactions. The first time I extended my sensor for maybe 25 days, I started getting some pain and “uncomfortableness” and when I took it off, there were bruised spots at the four corners of where the transmitter was, and it was obvious that the sensor had been a bleeder (although I hadn’t noticed it). That one took forever to heal up, the next sensor I switched arms and then the next back to the arm with the bruises and I had to find a place well away from the bruises. The second reaction was a 30 day sensor and the skin under the patch was wrinkly and itchy, but not painful. Some cream took care of that. I just extended my current sensor, so we’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

I personally have not! In my experience, if I have pain from right when I put it on, then that pain will persist. But I have yet to get pain from a sensor after wearing it for some days (knock on wood). I also think I’ve gotten lucky that I haven’t had any bruising from dexcom sensors ! (I have with medtronic guardian sensors though).

Not even 2 readings that are close ?? (I’m thinking within 10mg/dL of eachother). Which meter do you use??

Glad to hear that libre is more comfortable for you though!

Hi LarissaW,

You asked: “Not even 2 readings that are close ?? (I’m thinking within 10mg/dL of each other). Which meter do you use?”

I use the “Accu-Chek EXPERT” meter by Roche, which is supposed to be a very accurate device. Don’t forget that there can be some variation in the strips too.

I don’t know why I get so much variability in my finger stick readings.

I am hoping that the new partnership between Tandem (my pump) and Abbott (my Libre Sensors) will result in something better in 2020.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been resetting my daughter’s G6 sensors using the “faraday bag” method successfully the last 6 months. The past three tries were a failure though, despite using the exact same transmitter with which two past resets were successful (81XXXX).

Does anyone know why the “faraday bag” method would suddenly no longer work?

Thanks.
Justin

Here is alternative way that works with 8G and 8H, but may be now needed for your 81 transmitter.

1 Like

At what point does it not work ? What if any message do you get ?

Hi MM2,

A couple things have been different:

(1) The phone app normally continues to receive readings, unaware of the sensor stop/start commands entered into the receiver. The phone app now has instead been saying “2 hour sensor warmup,” which fails after a while and says session cannot be extended (something like that).

(2) The receiver has the same error message. It first shows the 2 hour warmup screen, but then says sensor cannot be extended.

The fact the phone app is aware of the reset attempt likely means the receiver had to of successfully sent a reset command to the transmitter (which the EMF shielding should have prevented), and the transmitter then sent it to the phone. I have waited until just after the receiver gets a new reading to initiate the process, like I’ve always done, and quickly covered it with EMF shielding.

I can’t figure out how the phone app knows a reset process was started. It’s as if the receiver is immediately communicating with the transmitter before I get it shielded.

Was hoping to continue this method, because it’s easier than popping a transmitter out, and also keeps sending readings to the phone app during the 2 hour warmup period on the receiver.

Justin

@MM2
@Tigs1962
@Nickyghaleb
I am in the process of starting a new G6 sensor, and was about 1/2 hour into the warm up when I got a Sensor Error. Anyone else had this? What do I do? The application went smoothly.
Help!

Now the sensor error went away. Yay! Does this mean that this sensor is going to be a stinker and misbehave during it’s tenure?

I have not had that issue, but would guess it would work fine. Make sure you are well hydrated.

1 Like

I have an 8Lxxxx transmitter and was not able to restart a sensor using Katie DiSimone’s “unpaired Bluetooth” method. I haven’t tried the method described above of actually removing the transmitter: does that really work?