Repeated Dexcom G6 failures

Hello, I only signed up to offer our experience. Our son is nearly 4 and we were so excited about the G6 yet the reality of using it for the last 4 weeks has us desperate to move back to the G5. With the G5 we had compression lows to deal with at night that would sometimes knock the sensor out for an hour or so. But the G6 takes it to a whole new level of frustration. Our son’s G6 sensors last no more than 2 to 3 days at best. During that period we get several sensor failures, which last around 2 to 3 hours each and every time, very inaccurate readings which verge on dangerous, and the compression lows are very volatile. To the extent that he only has to touch the sensor, which is inserted into his arm or his upper buttock, for it to fail and resolve into a 2 or 3 hour hibernation. We have requested immediate referral back to the G5 and what is more we are now looking for an alternative to Dexcom products as we have totally lost faith in their research and development capabilities. My personal theory is that Dexcom rushed this product out so as to spike their share price and short term profit margins, at the expense of long term custom and patient wellbeing. I cannot over emphasise how much distress and time the usage of the G6 has cost us as a family. Sleepless nights, aborted school days, cancelled arrangements to mention but a few. The share functionality often goes offline which results in BG rises or lows, or even compression lows being missed by us. I’m researching alternatives to Dexcom products as I type. Not good enough!

4 Likes