Repeated Dexcom G6 failures

Holy cow @stevekrueger I am so sorry that you’re having this problem at scale! And also fascinated, because you have a lot of data points in your house. :wink: I think your plan to escalate and keep on top of them is wise!

Also,welcome to FUD! We like data here! There’s many parents of T1D kids here, and lots of acquired knowledge about T1 in general. I’m glad you found your way here!

Consider adding your info to the welcome post: Welcome, introduce yourself here!

My partner is the diabetic in our house and he’s 39, and uses the G6. He’s had some issues with longevity of the sensors, but our life is a tad nuts right now, so diabetes has taken a bit of a back burner. Dexcom had said that they will send replacement sensors when we’ve called, but we haven’t really been tracking how quickly they failed lately or how quickly they arrive.

I hope that they come up with a solution for all of us soon, because having the Dexcom certainly is handy. I have noticed that the Dexcom share option also goes off-line fairly frequently, and I have to contact Eric to get him to share the data again.

Again, welcome, and thanks for joining us!! We look forward to learning from your family and hopefully FUD can help you too. :grinning:

5 Likes