Repeated Dexcom G6 failures

Hi @RandaN!

I think that there is actually a problem that goes beyond the sensors happening with the current Dexcom G6. It is very difficult to get the Dexcom representatives to agree to this, but never before have we had four sensors fail in a row. We have observed the 10 minute rule, we have followed all of the steps to have success, and we have had nothing but problems lately. We’ve used the Dexcom in hot temps and cold in years past, no problem.

My guess is that for us it’s a transmitter problem.

Having just read your other post, I would ensure you’re following all of their rules for application and session start, and then if it’s a problem, get a new sensor sent to you. If all of the sensors fail and you’re continuing to get errors despite following their instructions I would call back if this keeps happening and really push them to get you a new transmitter.

Having use the G4, G5, and now the G6, I can say that the technology is generally excellent. I’m so sorry that you’re running into this. Don’t give up! It’s a rough spot but worth persevering to have access to the data that the Dexcom can provide.

Here’s a few older threads that discuss the Dexcom (although possibly an older version, but some of the tips might help):