Pump “break”!

That’s funny and must have felt great! :grinning:
I had a problem with a cartridge failure in my Tandem TSlim and the alarm would not shut off. When I called Tandem I found out I need to plug in the charging cable to be able to power down the pump. I didn’t have the cable with me and was at work, so I ended up putting the pump outside in my car so it wouldn’t disturb my coworkers for the next 4 hours and used a pen to cover. Fortunately I work in a pharmacy and had access to a pen since I don’t always carry one of them.
Live and learn!!

1 Like

I read about a similar problem recently where the cable was needed: what a nasty surprise!

That’s hilarious :joy: I put a pod in the freezer once until trash day.

4 Likes

Virgin omnipod user here, just did my first pod!! I was in a rush to a movie & switched to a previous system, since I wanted to take my time and make sure I did it right. (Like the huggies commerical, everything just perfect for the first baby, then laid back for baby 2) anyhow I forgot it deactivate the pod and later (NOT during the movie thankfully) I heard this buzzing. Thought I was going nuts! Good thing I didn’t throw it in the trash, people would have been freaking. :smirk:

5 Likes

Funny! Welcome to our community @Narshina. How long since you were diagnosed. We have a good number of folks joining these days, and it is always great to meet new people.

1 Like

I was diagnosed after they took part of my pancreas, and my spleen and gallbladder in 2009. (Leave anything, hospital guys???) Real nightmare my local hospital, thankfully they didn’t do the procedure and I had a different hospital 90 minutes away so it. (Oddly enough that hospital is what saved me 41 years ago when I was born premature)

Sorry for the history story but I get frustrated about being diabetic at times… well 99.5% of the time.

7 Likes

No need to apologize for being frustrated. Diabetes regardless of how you arrived there is pretty frustrating. That is why we exist. My son was diagnosed 3.5 years ago now, and he is 16 so I know something about frustration, but only 1/2 of it is diabetes, the rest is a 16 year old…

5 Likes

Hi Tarshina,
I had a neuroendocrine tumor and had the same life saving surgery. Since my body is not producing insulin, I have surgical diabetes, type 1.
Diabetes is not fun, but at least there are so many tools to control it. I use a CGM and a pump.
I always say that considering the alternative, I am happy to be diabetic, even when I get frustrated.

all the best to you.
Maria

7 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Pod Placement Successes and Failures