Pie for Thanksgiving

My husband grew several types of winter (and summer) squashes this summer. I baked up this 7-pound Candy Roaster squash to use in “pumpkin” pie. The flavor is similar to that of a butternut squash but a bit brighter/sweeter. Here is the squash on a large sheet tray:

IMG_0411

Here is the pie in a GF graham cracker crust:

IMG_0412

My husband gave it 2-thumbs up so next I will try it in GF “pumpkin”bread.

12 Likes

Looks great!!

4 Likes

Looks delicious, @CatLady!
:yum:

3 Likes

Hi Cat Lady. Just noticed you joined in 2017 and you are still T1 LADA? Or have you never updated? New to LADA myself as a result of Covid

1 Like

Guess I’m not sure what you mean but yep, adult-onset T1, the “gift” that goes on giving. :rofl:

4 Likes

Wow, your pie looks scrumptious! I’m very impressed with your husband’s gardenong skills, too.

2 Likes

Oh wow that looks awesome!

Can you share your GF crust recipe?

1 Like

I was really excited when I found Schar gluten-free graham crackers at WalMart (of all places)! These taste and crunch like the regular ones! I crushed and rolled them in a plastic bag, poured them in the pie plate, mixed in 6 T melted butter and 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and patted it out. I did not blind bake the crust before adding the filling. Sometimes I replace part of the graham crackers with crushed pecans. Enjoy!

4 Likes

Awesome! Thanks @CatLady

2 Likes