Happy Thanksgiving 2021!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you wonderful people!
:ice_cream::poultry_leg::pie:

Marie

14 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to my FUD family! Post those pics people! We aren’t having people over due to Covid and our youngest ones still not fully vaccinated, but once the food is done and the table is set, I’ll try to get a couple pics made of the fam. My oldest son (18) and my wife both just had their boosters and are laid up in bed today feeling sick. :frowning: I just had a sore arm after my booster.

12 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving from The Martin Clan!

12 Likes

Pie pics. Plans changed at 6 am, so we ended up with way more food than 2 people can possibly eat.

20211125_175412

10 Likes

:partying_face: Happy TG and rage bolus’ing from your Canadian :canada: friends :turkey: :tada:

9 Likes

10 Likes

I tried something different for the pumpkin pie this year. I made eggnog whip cream.

11 Likes

Happy belated Thanksgiving you diabadasses! :muscle:
Glad to see everyone had delicious food and desserts!
This year was my first thanksgiving as a type one diabetic, and I was able to blunt the spike I almost got from a double serving of spicy Mac n’ cheese shells, 2 different types of mashed potatoes, and some turkey with gravy!

Being I have a nut allergy and I was unsure of the desserts, I passed this year. Next year might be a different story. :laughing:

Grateful for all of you this year, all your support and guidance has helped me get to this point!

@Eric You should be proud to know that I have been using The Force a lot this past month or more, and it’s been really good graphs since I’ve started! I’ve also cut my metformin dose in half and it has been helping tremendously with bolus control and I’ve had a lot less lows!

15 Likes

This is my extended in-law family. We’ve been rotating Thanksgiving and Christmas meals for several years, since my daughter got married, except for last year with all the Covid precautions. Great time had by all!

16 Likes

We went to a potluck with a few (all vaccinated) friends. My husband was in heaven with 3 GF desserts on offer. I had small portions of everything and did fine. :blush:

11 Likes

What is this thing you call “small portion” ? :rofl:
The potluck sounds great!

9 Likes

We had to travel towards the boys who are both in college so we could have a full 4 days with them, turns out the gulf of Mexico beaches are pretty warm and a nice place to have Thanksgiving. Condo had enough of a kitchen to turn out a meal we were proud of, although we went a little non-traditional and made a Cuban Pork Loin the star of our meal. Have to love pork stuffed with mustard, ham, cheese and pickles!

18 Likes

So nice seeing the pics of Thanksgiving get togethers! Here are a few from our small group! We had way more food than the four of us could eat … thankful that we got to spend 5 days with our daughter & her boyfriend!

Hoping each of you who celebrate Thanksgiving had filing and restful time!

12 Likes

I only burned one dish this year!

And I didn’t have to start the day by shoving my hair dryer up my turkey’s butt this time!

#winning
#matriarchmaterial

15 Likes

Yum!!!Glad you could enjoy the day with your family. I’m curious about your bottom noodle dish…What is that? Looks really good!

7 Likes

Love the gulf beaches!! Glad your family was able to enjoy the holiday together.

Thank you for all you do for FUD!!

9 Likes

Looks Awesome!! Thank you for all your contributions to FUD!! I was looking at your glucagon posts from a couple of years ago today. It’s pretty awesome that at some point you have provided your perspective on most things D related and I highly respect your contributions and value your thoughts. Thank you!!

9 Likes

I’m late and no pics! Happy Thanksgiving all!
We had all vegan Tofurky, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, peas, and later lol, cheesecake for dessert.

7 Likes

If anyone is on the hunt for a super easy and really tasty sweet potato recipe this Tyler Florence recipe is it. Really surprised me how good it tasted since it was really an afterthought in our meal planning.

7 Likes

One of our favorites is baby carrots boiled until they have a just a little crunch, add brown sugar and butter and mix that into the carrots. So good. Simple and delicious.

6 Likes