One of these things is not like the other - A discussion of CGM and Meter accuracy

I am not deceiving anyone like you are implying. Why would I do such a thing? I have spent two years here with nothing but the goal of trying to help others, not to deceive them.

So you want the context of what happened?

The Dexcom alarm woke me up at around 8am, beeping a high alert. I did not take ANY insulin at any time between when I went to bed and several hours after that picture.

I looked at the Dex when it woke me up, and I knew immediately that it was wrong.

I went downstairs and checked with the meters. First with my Contour, and then just for laughs, I immediately checked with the FreeStyle. The 3 readings being so disparate was comical to me. I took a pic because that is the sort of crap I see all the time, and thought it would be an interesting post.

Not only was there no IV shot involved, there was no insulin of any injection method involved for about 8 hours, other than basal.

Your accusatory tone was rude AF.

I would never try to deceive people here. I love the people here and only want to help them.

There are at least 3 people on this site who have a somewhat disparaging view of Dexcom. One of the people thinks so poorly of it, they have quit using it all together.

What do the 3 people have in common? They all test at least 20 times per day, and they have A1C’s between 4.7 and 5.3.

So you figure it out. What an amazing coincidence. Those of us who test enough to be unimpressed with the CGM are the ones with the A1C’s in that range.

Well there it is. The fact that you find it hard to believe makes it clear where the problem is.

3 Likes