One of these things is not like the other - A discussion of CGM and Meter accuracy

I don’t find it hard to believe at all, @bkh. I love my Dexcom… despite the fact it overshoots my actual BG on a very regular basis.

I’m confused by the question though… unless you were joking? It sounds like you actually think maybe the photo was staged?

As you probably know, I’ve also been making use of IV in order to manage my blood sugar. It takes action very fast and is unlike any other tool or type of insulin or anything I have available as a diabetic. I also snap photos all day of the discrepancies from one CGM to the next and then between them and my meters. I am, however, very careful to never post a picture that could be misleading in anyway. If I am trying to show the lag, I will state that. If I happen to catch a crappy inaccuracy, I’ll state that. I would never intentionally capture one and claim it to be another.

I also know you didn’t address this to me, but I, engaging in a good deal of what Eric uses in his own management, easily can see how he can grab such a shot without having any reason-or desire to stage it.

Eric certainly doesn’t need my rescuing. In fact, I hope he doesn’t mind my jumping in before he is able to say his piece. I’m just not sure why, as much time as he dedicates to trying to help people understand their disease and their numbers, anyone would think he would benefit from confusing people? Unless you were joking… :thinking:

3 Likes